PSP2 should be similar to PS3 is power

Better drivers are essential for good PC performance, and they show that the SGX535 + VXD370 in Intel's platforms can perform well and that nothing is wrong with them "internally".

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=3494&p=7

Because PSP graphics can't even match the advanced effects of the first, MBX Lite iPhone such as normal mapping, used extensively in the old game, Hill Billy -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9Pc0Fxh7c -- forget about comparing to the SGX system. (Tangent space normal mapping, among other capabilities, on the MBX Lite is really being limited by Apple's refusal to expose VGP functionality for the light vector transform.)

Alternatively have the phone work over a headset, or in 'hands free' mode. A very cool design would have the headset slide out of the handheld so it's always available.

I think the handheld will need internet access, and a roaming mobile option, even without voice comms, seems essential to me. Certainly as an option.

This would make me opt out .

I rather just a gaming device. I cant stand using a headset with a phone. Its just very annoying to me.

Also to make it small enough to replace my current phone the touch pro your going to need a screen about 3.5inchs and the slid out part of my phone would have to ditch the keyboard and rpelace it with the buttons for next gen gaming an hopefully two analog nubs.

As for internet access currently the only devices to offer free 3g acess are the nook , kindle and other e readers. They offer this becuase you use so little bandwidth. Even if you download 30 books a month your looking at under 300 megs of space. The average user will download much less than that at 1 or 2 books a month. Even now the newer e book readers like the nook are coming with wifi so you can download faster at your house or wireless hot spots.

With a gaming device a gamer can easily go through hundreds of megs a day playing games or downloading new games. I really don't see it happening.

You'd most likely have to subscribe and I don't know how many people will want to spend another $50 or so a month for gaming on a system. Because in the states thats how much 3g connections are for what they claim to be unlimited (normaly 2-4 gigs per month) d

I have to say that my portable gaming is decreasing as time goes on and I haven't really touched my psp 2000 in a year and my ds in mabye 6 months. But to get me back in it will have to be sleek. I wouldn't want it much thicker than my zune hd. It will certianly have to have an oled screen as my zune has pampered me in that regard. I'd also want a 4inch screen or so. Perhaps a sliding control panel so it would be smaller when storing it.

Personaly since my spending has been much more ms centric this gen I'd rather an xbox hand held. But only if i can interlink my xbox aracade games with the handheld and vice versa.

Even with the possibility to "render"/ play movies in 720p & 1080p I do not believe that PSP2 will have a higher resolution than 720x405. Although I think Sony will probably opt for half HD ready resolution (640x360).

On the other thought. What kind resolution new DSLR cameras are using for "liveview" LCD? I heard they have 900k+ pixels.

5-6 year old tech targeting hd res becomes a reality on new mobile hardware that costs $300 bucks or more and has a much lower display res. Not much to really write home about.

I'm pretty sure the zune hd and some other mobile handheld devices can do the same.

iPod touch starts at $199. And while many devices can probably run ue3, their marketshare is a drop in the ocean and the iTunes dd model is proven to work well and make money for the developers. It's all about convenience and iTunes is the leader for mobile devices.

iPod touch starts at $199. And while many devices can probably run ue3, their marketshare is a drop in the ocean and the iTunes dd model is proven to work well and make money for the developers. It's all about convenience and iTunes is the leader for mobile devices.

the ipod touch $200 is the 2nd gen ipod touch. The 3rd gen starts at $300
as for the istore you should read countless articles on developers crying that they can't make any money due to all the crapware on the platform and that once you make something everyone copies it and then prices it as low as possible to steal your sales.

I don't really care too much for handhelds :devilish: but one thing that'd be nice to see in a next-gen handheld would be Wireless HDMI (or something similar).
I understand the tech isn't mature enough yet, but I find idea of sitting down in front of the TV, with the handheld acting as a controller quite appealing.

As for graphics, well, frankly I couldn't care that much. However I do feel that image quality is far more important for a small low-res screen. I'd much rather excellent texture filtering and AA than wizzy shaders.

ho hum.

Back