PSP volume level?

I recently purchased a Value pack PSP as they were selling them for 99€ here in Finland and I have been very satisfied with it, well apart from the sound volume levels. Now I'm beginning to wonder whether my unit is working proberly as other people have really been wondering how the output sound level is so low. I always have to put the volume setting to max and even then the volume lis too low.

Every other electronic devices I have ever tried are way too loud at the max setting, but my PSP is little bit too quiet, I initially tought that it's like that on purpose to save battery life, but now I'm not so sure... So please other PSP owners. Is my unit broken?

its because it was built that way. or maybe you have the avls on, at either rate it sounds so low. its the psp's only flaw in my book.

I also found out that it varies between headphones. My sammy one is significantly louder than the official one :smile:

The screen better get brighter by the way. ;)

I would say my PSP is a bit on the soft side too, so I wouldn't worry that yours is broken or something.

Most times I have it at about 80% which is abnormally high compared to other devices I have.

Check your PSPs headphones. These days they say 'ear-friendly' and have a volume cap. This was because of the 'iPod is making a whole generation deaf' issue. I have an older version of the headphones that have very good volume. So you'll want to try some different headphones.

This was because of the 'iPod is making a whole generation deaf' issue.
That's so stupid.

I remember the EXACT SAME scaremongering shit from back in the 80s when the tape walkman was becoming really popular. Apparantly this danger merely hibernated for a generation and is now waking up again! :LOL:

Anyhhow, it's beyond me how anyone could fail to underatand that sound - any sound - at really loud levels will damage your hearing wether it'sa jet engine or a jackhammer or a gunshot or the latest club hit delivered from a MP3 playewr.
Pewace.

Yes, but with the iPod the difference was that this new kind of in-ear headphones was more dangerous and damaging than other headphones already were. If I remember correctly anyway.

Humbug!

The plugs shipped as standard with ipod were extremely similar to any plugs seen for the last decade at least in other portable sound devices

It's jsut printed media making a lot of noise to sell copies of thheir magazines and regurgitating old fears from the past (maybe without even realizing it, coz many journalists are damn ignorant just like most people in general).
Peace..

Humbug!

The plugs shipped as standard with ipod were extremely similar to any plugs seen for the last decade at least in other portable sound devices

No they aren't. They have a long tube like plug that goes deeper into your ear than usual.

It's jsut printed media making a lot of noise to sell copies of thheir magazines and regurgitating old fears from the past (maybe without even realizing it, coz many journalists are damn ignorant just like most people in general).
Peace..

Yeah, just like most people in general ...

No they aren't. They have a long tube like plug that goes deeper into your ear than usual.

Maybe it depends on how old the ipod is? The nano i brought oct 06 had a pair of the old style 'phones (not that I ever used 'em... got some Shure ec3's :)), not the in-ear-cannal type.

Back