PSP games downloadable, homebrew games possible?

Bobbler said:
It let me play the Loco Roco demo, which, to me, is a lot better than the stuff you listed =o

It's one of the best games I've played in the last year!

I guess it just seems silly to me to buy a portable gaming system and not even really use it for games, but the phrase "whatever floats your boat" comes to mind, so if you're satisfied then no harm.
Oh please. Loco Roco does look good, but in exchange for homebrew no way. Do you have any idea as to the possibilities or what's already out there?

ANova said:
Oh please. Loco Roco does look good, but in exchange for homebrew no way. Do you have any idea as to the possibilities or what's already out there?

I don't need a portable emulator -- no real desire to play the 10-15 year old games (certainly not more than my desire to play new games). Going by that list Darkblu gave, it seems my phone does most of the rest (at least the ones I'd possibly care about), so forgive me if I don't get excited about them. I don't have any desire to create software for whacky hardware with little to no support, as I have enough of that at work.

Maybe it means more for you, but I'm not going to give up the reason I bought a PSP just to mess with novelty software that has no real use for me.

I realize I probably shouldn't have even brought it up in this thread, but the thought of someone buying a PSP and then not even using it for games is absurd to me -- if you don't want games, then why buy one? And I certainly don't understand the anger towards Sony for updating firmware -- it seems like a unreasonable thing to get angry about... to expect a company to allow you to do potentially illegal things and not use their system (especially when they could be losing money on it without software sales) for its intended purpose is whacky at best.

darkblu said:
that's because people are forced to make a choice each time a new appealing psp title gets released - 'shall i ditch homebrew for a flashy game?'

in my case, in no particluar order:

filemanagers
a kick-ass radio client
a kick-ass pdf and txt reader
lua & twintailLDE (a lua IDE) - self-hosted development, yay!
sane media players allowing people to watch full-res movies.
an IM client (icq, gtalk, aim)
freaking-cool emulators, for both old consoles' and sientific calcls
..last but not lest the ability to run full-fledged compiled code written by me : )

and of course yet more homebrew to come in the future.

now, what does 2.7 offer to you? ; )

over my dead body ; )

I have 1.5 but didn’t know for most of the programs you listed. Where I can find them???

Back