PSN weekly updates

Hmmm.....DUST514 beta is live. Is it worth downloading ? When is the full game
Launching anyway?
Will download Sleeping Digs demo for sure, hearing a lot of good impressions from everyone !

I bought the PS2 game Dynamite Deka (Die Hard Arcade) from the Jap PS Store. That game refuses to output anything else than 720p. Do you know if that is the case for all PSN PS2 games?

RnC QForce beta is live for PS+ !
Also, no MGS PW HD or CS:GO for us PAL users :( ! I am skipping CS:GO now cos Armoured Kill arrives next week and there's no way I'll be playing anything else for the next month or so.

Someone tried Black Swan?
Is it good?

I haven't tried it yet, but from what I'm hearing the start and end are good, the middle section so-so. It's a little bit an experience a little like Journey (short, but original), but slightly less good all-round.

That's just what I'm hearing/reading though. It's definitely not getting universal acclaim like Journey did.

Unfinished Swan is PS+ exclusive. Weird.

Also, the new store is interesting. I wonder if it's designed for tablets and TVs as SEN's frontend? I think it's styled on the Movie Unlimited interface or whatever the app was. It's a bit slow in the drawing, and not smooth and classy, which is incredibly frustrating when you consider the power of the box it's running on! The only cause for juddery interfaces or web pages is Sony's lousy coding. There's an interesting app tab. The catalogue is incomplete, with some games not listed but searchable. I don't believe Sony had a proper database on the old PSN, as it'd be easy to migrate. Clearly an aspect to the design was premium advertising, with some products have a full screen advert using the background and having that background as a 2.5D scene. When you scroll the page, the background is drawn similar to a dynamic theme, but there's a product link to the background game.

Also, the new store is interesting. I wonder if it's designed for tablets and TVs as SEN's frontend? I think it's styled on the Movie Unlimited interface or whatever the app was. It's a bit slow in the drawing, and not smooth and classy, which is incredibly frustrating when you consider the power of the box it's running on! The only cause for juddery interfaces or web pages is Sony's lousy coding. There's an interesting app tab. The catalogue is incomplete, with some games not listed but searchable. I don't believe Sony had a proper database on the old PSN, as it'd be easy to migrate. Clearly an aspect to the design was premium advertising, with some products have a full screen advert using the background and having that background as a 2.5D scene. When you scroll the page, the background is drawn similar to a dynamic theme, but there's a product link to the background game.

The store somehow reminds me of the GT5 UI. I guess it is the sound effect when you push an option...and maybe the load times...lol :)

Just one week. That happens occasionally that Playstation Plus get to play a game a week early ...

Also, the new store is interesting. I wonder if it's designed for tablets and TVs as SEN's frontend? I think it's styled on the Movie Unlimited interface or whatever the app was. It's a bit slow in the drawing, and not smooth and classy, which is incredibly frustrating when you consider the power of the box it's running on!

On the other hand, once you realise the PS3 is running HTML5 for this store, it's actually quite fast. ;)

The only cause for juddery interfaces or web pages is Sony's lousy coding.

... or heavily threaded HTML5 rendering ....

I don't believe Sony had a proper database on the old PSN, as it'd be easy to migrate.

I don't think they can do something like this without everything being in a database ... ! They're probably just messing things up with flags for games being visible to developers only, to all users, to playstation plus members only, to playstation plus members for a limited time, to beta subscribers only, or being searchable at all. You often see that games become searchable before the store'front' has updated, for instance, or now some people being able to download some Playstation Plus free games from previous months.

Clearly an aspect to the design was premium advertising, with some products have a full screen advert using the background and having that background as a 2.5D scene. When you scroll the page, the background is drawn similar to a dynamic theme, but there's a product link to the background game.

The difference isn't even that big.

The old UI was very smooth, but the loading of 'tiles' was actually pretty slow compared to the new store. It doesn't 'feel' as consistent and fast, but for a bunch of things it is actually very fast, and probably faster.

R1 and L1 are your friend here though. They should heavily advertise these buttons in the interface as they make a big difference.

Well...fuck (sorry, but I have to say it!)

I wonder about what Shifty said, that it is PS+ exclusive. And Shifty is right (for one week). Then I wondered myself, because why in hell could I buy the game than yesterday??
Answer is easy: because I am still a PS+ member. How come I thought?
I bought PS+ to get Journey earlier back than when it released, but I am still PS+ now?
Well easy again: PS+ extends itself without asking me, it sends me an Email, which of course I never ever read to inform me and uses my Creditcard....nice...um, no not nice...booo! You have to uncheck a self extend option in your profile...baaaaaaaa, I kill you Sony!

Ok, enough ranting

gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

Unfinished swan is weird? Somehow an interesting experience up to now, played only the first chapter and I like the base idea and the style. I wonder what this whole game will be about?!

I wish all subscription things were as easy to disengage as changing a checkbox in your profile ... !!

No kidding. PS+ is super upfront about it automatically renewing, and when you sign up it gives you explicit instructions on how to turn that off immediately right from the PS3 if you so desire.

No kidding. PS+ is super upfront about it automatically renewing, and when you sign up it gives you explicit instructions on how to turn that off immediately right from the PS3 if you so desire.

Yeah, but if you are lazy and directly want to play the game...and then just forget about it after that :(
Ok, no biggi, who cares...

So, are there any good deals for PS+ members at the moment? :mrgreen:

Yeah, but if you are lazy and directly want to play the game...and then just forget about it after that :(
Ok, no biggi, who cares...

So, are there any good deals for PS+ members at the moment? :mrgreen:

Not sure of your region, but there are almost always great deals for PS+ members, not in the least all those free games.

I've just downloaded the unfinished swan but I can't see KZ anywhere. Is it not up in the UK yet?

I also couldn't see KZ on the UK store when browsing 'what's new' section. It is on the UK store though - I had to use the search option to find it, which is a bit odd!

Lee.

The store still isn't updating everything in the right places. Only one of the DeathSpank trilogy is listed under all games or any categories, but the third instalment (and presumably second) can be found with a search. Oddly it doesn't list episodes 2 and 3 when you look up episode 1; I thought Sony would want to lead people to relevant content. The whole implementation seems lacking on database integrity. Maybe they have someone slowly working through every piece of content updating flags and tags which were never used in the old store?

The store still isn't updating everything in the right places. Only one of the DeathSpank trilogy is listed under all games or any categories, but the third instalment (and presumably second) can be found with a search. Oddly it doesn't list episodes 2 and 3 when you look up episode 1; I thought Sony would want to lead people to relevant content. The whole implementation seems lacking on database integrity. Maybe they have someone slowly working through every piece of content updating flags and tags which were never used in the old store?

I hope so, but right now I sneakily suspect that they improved their frontend, but their backend hasn't changed much if at all, and they're going to stay as inconsistent and error prone as they've been from day one.

Back