[PS3] Resistance 3 [SPOILER ALERT - Contains R2 story discussion]

Heh heh, that tells me I should avoid Global Resistance for now. If I had time, I'd play R3 MP, Shadow of the Colossus or/and Dark Souls instead. :cool:

Heh heh, that tells me I should avoid Global Resistance for now. If I had time, I'd play R3 MP, Shadow of the Colossus or/and Dark Souls instead. :cool:

It's just way too addictive!! And strangely frustrating at the same time... We are also getting our asses handed to us in this war so far. Eight days to go, do we stock pile for the next war or try to swing this one our way...?:oops:

What do you get if you win a round ?

Just a cash bonus and a +1 to the total score. But throughout each round you gain medals and bonuses, some of which are extras that plug into R3 and give you extra features there. So it's kind of integrated but in a 'not quite finished' kind of way. You can tell that if you look at the help. It still has todo comments in it!!

It's just way too addictive!! And strangely frustrating at the same time... We are also getting our asses handed to us in this war so far. Eight days to go, do we stock pile for the next war or try to swing this one our way...?:oops:

Exactly what I was thinking, Chimera have totaly overpowered us this time. They are way too many, there seems to be no hope this time, kindof like what RFOM and R3 feel :D !

I was guessing if all humans just stop and build resources, without letting the chimera know of course, or they will do the same, then we can overpower them in the next round !

But how does one co-ordinate something like that ? I can't post such a secret plain the forums:eek: ! ANd there seems to be no support for legions or friend list !!!!

EDIT: Damnit ! I just deployed 25000 soldiers in Bering Bridge, russian side of the world :mad: !Cool thing is that I got 500 XP for R3 MP :p !

BTW, R3 DLC next Week and two free maps in Patch 1.05:
Resistance 3 Survival Pack releasing next week!
Like October 2011 Newsletter on Facebook
For those of you fighting the global resistance against the Chimera in Resistance 3 multiplayer, you’ll be happy to know that we will be releasing the first DLC for the game next week. The Survival Pack brings you a brand new MP game mode: Invasion. Invasion requires both teams to divide resources to simultaneously control multiple control nodes on the map. As you hold the nodes, you receive points. It hearkens back to the wonderful balance in Resistance: Fall of Man of knowing when to send troops on the offensive and when to hold other players back. In addition to Invasion mode, your $3.99 (US) gets you four new skins of the various Survivors in the game, as well as a static XMB theme.

And if that isn't enough to convince you, sometime in the next couple of weeks with Patch 1.05, we will also be providing ALL players with two brand new maps, Creek and the Granary. Two new maps for all, a new invasion mode and skins for a few bucks.

Invasion seems like conquest from BF. But I wonder how it will play with just 8 people in a team :unsure: ! Max one can do is divide into two squads, thats all !

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what I was thinking, Chimera have totaly overpowered us this time. They are way too many, there seems to be no hope this time, kindof like what RFOM and R3 feel :D !

I was guessing if all humans just stop and build resources, without letting the chimera know of course, or they will do the same, then we can overpower them in the next round !

But how does one co-ordinate something like that ? I can't post such a secret plain the forums:eek: ! ANd there seems to be no support for legions or friend list !!!!

EDIT: Damnit ! I just deployed 25000 soldiers in Bering Bridge, russian side of the world :mad: !Cool thing is that I got 500 XP for R3 MP :p !

Invasion seems like conquest from BF. But I wonder how it will play with just 8 people in a team :unsure: ! Max one can do is divide into two squads, thats all !

I reckon Jabber is your friend! Post in the forums and get some IRC going with other humans and we could do real time strategy meetings!!

I am just grinding through as many missions as possible in each round with token bomb drops and troop deployments where we are struggling. Though we appear to be on the ascent again!!

It's just too addictive. I guess that's because it's so accessible and easy to play.

Nice ! Have been waiting for 1.05 fixes (tie up loose ends in MP), the new mode and maps.

I'm ok with the network performance now, but 1.05 fixes some more balancing issues and tie up other loose ends.

Resistance 3 Survivor Pack: Invasion Mode, New Skins Hit PSN Today:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...r-pack-invasion-mode-new-skins-hit-psn-today/

Hey folks! We’re excited to announce the release of the Resistance 3 Survival DLC pack today on the PlayStation Store for $3.99. First and foremost, the Survival DLC pack brings you a new game mode for multiplayer called Invasion. The Invasion mode forces Human and Chimeran teams to divide their resources with the goal of holding multiple control nodes on the map simultaneously. The more nodes your team holds, the faster you score points – and thus, achieve victory. There is a lot of deep strategy in determining which nodes to attack, as well as how many players should hang back to defend your nodes while retaining enough offensive force to successfully attack enemy nodes. We hope you enjoy it!

How much can you strategise with a team of 8 players and multiple nodes. It will end up as One on One battles on nodes if some team members stay back to defend captured nodes.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/community/index.php?topic=57794.0

***Please don't take this list as finalized until we actually push these changes.

Wildfire - We have made it so you have to lock on after each shot. We have also increased the time between shots.

CTF - We have reduced the amount of time it takes to reset the flag.

Turret - We have lowered the turret health

Chain Reaction - We have lowered the amount of time it take to take the final mode (30sec down to 15sec I believe). After playing this it feels much better and doesn't result in stalemates as much.

Matchmaking - We have made some more adjustments to game balancing. Pairing more lower level people with lower level people.

Leapers - We have reduced the number of leapers by one. ie- Level 1 is 2 leapers now. Level 2 is 2 leapers and 1 spitter.

Invasion - We are considering doubling the amount of points, so games last longer and are more competitive.

-----

Some of these things require the next patch (1.05), some will be changed prior to that. After the patch comes out we will monitor how things are playing. Please continue to give feedback, as it is very helpful.

Thanks!

That's too bad but the many crashes and lags in the MP open beta one month before launch... it scares people away. ^_^

On top of that, R3 also has to overcome the disappointment from R2.

Still, it's a great game. Sony and Insomniac will have to find ways to expose the game to more gamers. I usually play it at home since I can't play Dark Souls there. Am level 51 now.

Will probably adjust their expectation of Resistance: Retribution first. 8^P
... unless that game has some special sauce, which I doubt so.

More important question may be what Sony should do to improve their beta process. ^_^

Me too played yesterday ! I am at level 10 now, so far far behind you.

I really really enjoyed this mode where you have to attack/defend the shield node, reactor node and the turret node. That mode is so much fun cos its not just a straight up deathmatch, you do have work together. And the map was super awesome too, it was that map in Australia I guess ! That map is so well made, especially for this MP mode. Absolutely loved those two rounds! and It showed, as usually I am in the bottom rung of the leaderboards, but on those two rounds, I was on top :p !

This map :

Back