[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

I just finished the game. I thought it was fantastic. The demos didn't really win me over but the full game certainly did. It's just such a well paced (seriously, that game moves incredibly well) and constantly rewarding experience, with a nice if rather predictable story and some great characters. (including a surprisingly heroic Captain Qwark)

I'm also impressed how there are barely any duds among the many available weapons. When I got the burping frog thingy I fully expected it to be nothing more than a silly gag, but then it turned out to be one of the most potent weapons in the game. It even became my first Level 5 weapon. Heck, even the gun that turns enemies into monkeys is reasonably effective.

A Crack In Time also marks the first time where I was actually looking forward to playing as Clank. The time puzzles were just a ton of fun, especially the 3 extra hard ones. That the Great Clock was artistically stunning certainly helped as well.

I also appreciated all the small touches, like different radio stations in outer space (one song sounds an awful lot like "Eye of the Tiger". Always makes me chuckle and then hum along), or one of the nerdy big-headed aliens whining about how it's like highschool all over again as I accidently hit him with my wrench, or even the banter during the game's credits.

My only real complaints are A: the lack of challenge, and B: too few fully fledged Ratchet levels. Complaining about too few levels is actually a little unfair to be honest. Sure, Tools of Destruction had more Ratchet sections, but then it didn't have the Great Clock, or space exploration with all the smaller celestial bodies. Still, clever additions like the hover boots made A Crack In Time so much more enjoyable for me, and I simply wanted more.
The game felt shorter, even though it really wasn't.

I :love: all 3 R&C games on PS3. I like ToD and ACiT equally for different reasons. The space exploration is a welcomed improvement over the one in ToD.

It is unfortunate they didn't get as much hype as Uncharted or Killzone or God of War.

This thread reminds me that I need to go check MBRH and see if I still have my highscore, lol. I was like top 50 on the leaderboards at the time, and the boards include both SP and CO-OP, so I was pretty proud that I potentially beat people who were using team work!

Yeah, I finished this recently, might be the best game I played all year (and my first R&C game). I usually don't care at all for trophies or completion, but in this game I actually went hunting for Ryno plans and Zoni. It's probably the game I have the highest completion percentage at, right next to Infamous.

Yap ! Same here. I replayed ToD 3 times, something I never do for a game. Also collected everything in ToD and ACiT.

What's MBRH ?

Got the game today (Along with KZ3 and LBP2 :D ! Shopping Spree !)

The game is so good looking ! and a definite improvement over TOD ! I enjoyed much more here :D ! Lets see what happens ahead in the game , but I like how they tease the next weapon in the store when u buy anew one :) !

After I tried the demo of crappy QForce (an R&C game should not be 30 fps) I went back to this. Still a classic!

Being a great fan of Insomniac, i have ti say Insomniac's gold run seems to be over. Not saying that the new games are bad or anyhting, they are not ! R3 and A4One are great games but their image is going downhill everyday. People aren't interested in their games anymore and FUSE just blew the fuse for them !
I don't know how the new FFA plays, but frankly, hardly anyone is interested !

They need to do something radical to change this misfortune, I don't think Ratchet can save them now. He is old, and FUSE isn't the cure either

:(

I didn't even know about Frontal Assault up until today.

They should've simply made another proper R&C game rather than this.
Also why where's the additional processing time spent on now that it's 30FPS, because it looks the same to me.

Because Insomnica thinks that 30 fps games review and sell better than 60 fps games, no matter the genre.

Back