Ps3 mobile suit gundam vid question.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200510/059.asp
(the sept 2k5 gundam vid, aka the latest, on this list)

OMG! WTF:oops: !!! Is is that actually real, re-re-realtime?!?

The detail, the insane amounts of geometry, the lighting/shadows, the DEBRIS(not too mention the superb image quality), I mean this is in a whole nother league. It doesn't look like realtime footage, this looks like CG.

Last edited by a moderator:
No that's not realtime, that is the CGi which was demonstrated at E3. The realtime version of said trailer was demonstrated as playable code at the Playstation Meeting. You can check it out from here at IGN, though the quality's not that fantastic. I'm sure someone else could dig up a better quality video if need be.

The E3 video is different and has a few changes, this is the newest realtime video (it copies the E3 video, but if you compare they are different and it's easy to see).

The playstation meeting is old and doesn't have the destructable buildings (if you look at how they crumble its pretty obvious that it's quite possibly realtime).

I think this is a case where the CGI target render was pretty accurate to what the game will end up like.

Bobbler said:
I think this is a case where the CGI target render was pretty accurate to what the game will end up like.

imo the E3 trailer blew away what they showed at TGS. I really wasn't impressed by the realtime vid, one very big step down from what they showed at E3.

scooby_dooby said:
imo the E3 trailer blew away what they showed at TGS. I really wasn't impressed by the realtime vid, one very big step down from what they showed at E3.

Then the only way is up, my friend ;)
Of course it was a step down, if they had met their target render that soon what would it say for the rest of the industry?

In these very early stages of development shouldn't we be praising what they have been able to achieve so far in real time, rather than dismissing what won't even come close to representing the finished game. The most significant thing was the fact that 99% of the mech geometry and detailing was maintained from the CGi to real time demonstration, something people weren't even willing to entertain as possible seeing the E3 footage.

Vysez said:
Wait a minute, this latest demo was real time or not?

Supposed to be reatime (since its the most recent one). More less like a cutscene but realtime. Theres also a video I viewed around October with a Gundam being actually controlled by a human user (on a controller) i'll try to see if I can find it. It had the same visual fidelity of this video.

the e3 and real time vids looked pretty similar/close to me. the obvious differences were that one was high quality with nice color and cinematic camera angles.
Bobbler said:
I agree.

The gameplay and latest "real-time" demo look the same, pretty much. They even have the same animation where the robot falls. It looks the same in both videos and also, the town looks pretty much the same. Its just that one is very low quality and color is off and the other is of higher quality and is vivid. Other than that, I would say that its the same assets.

The PSM Live demo looked to be pretty much spot on compared to the E3 CGI demo, in terms of rendering quality. I don't know if the TGS vid is realtime or not, but I wouldn't bet against it given what they showed in July. The only real difference is the colouring perhaps, and the physics (the building destruction, specifically) - but I think that should definitely be possible given that they weren't using any SPUs in the July demo, and they mentioned they were going to start tapping them for physics.

1 more month and lot of nda's will be lifted and expect lots of ps3 media hitting public.

25215gr0jy.jpg

There is a higher rez picture to back up my claims....
I say that E3 and latest trailer CAN be done on ps3, as a matter of fact...I think it is being done and its playable too!
Thats some nice geometry there....
Great things are a coming :D

mistan said:
There is a higher rez picture to back up my claims....
I say that E3 and latest trailer CAN be done on ps3, as a matter of fact...I think it is being done and its playable too!
Thats some nice geometry there....
Great things are a coming :D

I believe they were actually playing the game when they shown that picture.

Yea. They were.
I just found this picture, I decided to post because the IGN videos were very low quality and discolored. This pictures shows just how good the playable version really looked.

Back