PS3 Launch Outsells Xbox 360 Launch?*

Ha ha. Yesterday was the first time-out I get after several weeks of hardwork. I'm relatively free today too before flying off. When you have worked in startup environments for a good several years (sometimes self-funded), you may need to do everything yourself. So I take a keen interest in what companies are up to lately.

I'm not in the industry and in no way affiliated with MS or Sony. Never worked for them too. I just don't like being used by the media and the publicists. Worse if they try to appear to be objective or authoritative when they are not. The last time this happens in a major way, we elected Bush and went to war with Iraq.

As for channel data, I spent 2-3 years of my life collecting and analyzing them for a few companies. So generally, I'm familiar with the challenges, pitfalls, process and VooDoo/methodology (It takes some time to do). This does not mean Sony is breaking world records too, we just don't have enough data to conclude anything yet.

Take care and enjoy the oasis that is B3D, for now anyway.

I'm just giving you grief. ;) besides I hate driving (traffic) and would never travel that much unless i had to. :)

it sounds like you do know what you're talking about and regardless of what is written about sales and availability info, it's all anecdotal unless we were to fly all over doing the research. (which you seem much more highly qualified to do than me) :p

I agree, the media is very misleading at times and it is one reason that I do not pay attention much anymore to the news (I REFUSE to watch local news) as it is just a consumable now rather than a truly informative source.

take care and be safe in your travels.

Back