PS3 display woes

Arwin pretty much hit the nail on the head. My receiver doesn't recieve audio via HDMI, so I have to use Component. It does, however, pass audio through to the HDTV, so I can still use that audio. However, since the PS3 diesn't support output through HDMI and Optical, I can't choose to use my receiver or HDTV, I only have one option.

If your receiver won't decode HDMI sound, why do you route your PS3 through it?

Arwin pretty much hit the nail on the head. My receiver doesn't recieve audio via HDMI, so I have to use Component. It does, however, pass audio through to the HDTV, so I can still use that audio. However, since the PS3 diesn't support output through HDMI and Optical, I can't choose to use my receiver or HDTV, I only have one option.

Well you can choose, but you would have to change the output method accordingly from the PS3 audio settings. It wont take too long to just change the setting and keep both cables connected at all times. Do you need to route the PS3 through your receiver?

Anyone about my issue? :p

Well it's kind of hard to tell for sure, but I would quess that it is a real Full HD TV and that the 1080i is just a "typo", but I think you should call their customer service or a dealer to find out for sure.

Sometimes these smaller TV-manufacturer have little bit of hard time to accurately show the specs. Few years ago I was interested in buying a Thomson 720p TV, and it was really hard to find accurate specs of the that TV, namely whether it was HDCP compliant or not. Thomson didn't want to say.

Btw something else I d like to ask, is a Response Time of 6.5 ms good for an HDTV considering that I play a lot fighting games that need timing accuracy?

Back