Proposition: Reputation Be Disabled As Criterion For "promotion"

thekey said:
just for the record ....... negative rep was voted for me in this thread: "reason": "obviously here to start trouble". thats fantastic, there you can all see how objective this whole business is.
How do you give/take rep anyways?

thekey said:
Thats great, you want to take free speech from people that may not be liked by those who can give rep completely...
Yup, ain't it great! :D (BTW- Remember what I said he'd say? Remember? :LOL: )

thekey said:
a christian guy started while back ago a thrad aout how people with leberal mindsets simple gave him negative reputation. All I can say is I have been called names, and found most irresponsibly hostile by those who can give rep than by those who cant.
Then mebbe you should take a subtle hint and move on? Find a board more suited to your outlook/disposition?

thekey said:
just for the record ....... negative rep was voted for me in this thread: "reason": "obviously here to start trouble". thats fantastic, there you can all see how objective this whole business is.
I don't see how that shows it's "objective", it shows how the system works right sometimes to me. :p

nintenho said:
How do you give/take rep anyways?
Hit the little rep button thingy on people's post, it looks like this:
reputation.gif

You can check your own rep by going to the "User CP", it lists the last 5 changes to your rep.

I wll let digitalwanderer´s statements speak for themselevs. It also was him who voted for neg rep on a hardware post saying he found what i said "funny".

If there is any decency and seriousness in the administration of this forum I would expect some changes... else I wont be surprised.

thekey said:
Thats great, you want to take free speech from people that may not be liked by those who can give rep completely...

No. RPSC is a membership benefit for graphics enthusiasts. All the new policy does is require you to show you are one before you start enjoying the membership benefits of being one. If you want a more apt comparison, call it a residence requirement.

digitalwanderer said:
I'm sorry Geo, I'll find somewhere else to post. :cry:

Dig has a point here. How many of the "oldtimers" go back the old 3dfx USENET groups? I know I do. This is where we landed when that fell apart. We may not currently be obsessive about games or graphics and we may not post much outside of the lighthearted forums, but this was our home when USENET 3dfx died.

DON'T MAKE US LEAVE GEO, PLEASE PLEASE!!! :) ;)

geo said:
No. RPSC is a membership benefit for graphics enthusiasts. All the new policy does is require you to show you are one before you start enjoying the membership benefits of being one. If you want a more apt comparison, call it a residence requirement.

Go ahead, repeat that until you believe it please ;)

thekey said:
If there is any decency and seriousness in the administration of this forum I would expect some changes... else I wont be surprised.
I agree, thus Dave's proposal to limit those who can see/post to the RPSC lounge. :)

thekey said:
Go ahead, repeat that until you believe it please ;)
Nah, why don't you try the converse? Just keep saying the way you think it should be until everyone comes around to your point of view...
rofl.gif

thekey said:
f there is any decency and seriousness in the administration of this forum I would expect some changes... else I wont be surprised.
Not surprised? Actually I am very surprised as to why you continue to post around here after all the stuff you said.

Dave, I can propose two things:
a) Disable reputation-postcount for non-core groups or
b) Do something similar to what Rage3D has done with its Politics and Religion group. Talk with Mark about the specifics; it works quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry about the bad rep.

Oscar Wilde went to jail for being very witty after all and it didn't do him any harm.

"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."

thekey said:
Reputation rather then helping imporving posts is merely a tool for people with certain political ideas to not let other advance in thier status as forum members. Over 90% of them are about political matters, caprices, and everything you can think of except what they are intended. I suggest, if at least not disabled completely, reputation be no longer considered for "promotion" so the forum can become more plural.
Translation:

"I like to argue on the Internet. When people use a system to prevent trolling that has negative repercussions for me, I am upset, especially when the possibility exists that such a system could be abused in one small subforum whose content does not pertain in any way, shape or form to the overall direction of the site. No matter how useful such a feature may be for the rest of the site, I would like this feature disabled because it makes me sad."

Grow up.

digitalwanderer said:
Hit the little rep button thingy on people's post, it looks like this:
reputation.gif

You can check your own rep by going to the "User CP", it lists the last 5 changes to your rep.
How come I only see it under my name? In the place it should be on other people's posts, there's this little "urgent" road sign thing-a-majiggy.

The Baron said:
Translation:

"I like to argue on the Internet. When people use a system to prevent trolling that has negative repercussions for me, I am upset, especially when the possibility exists that such a system could be abused in one small subforum whose content does not pertain in any way, shape or form to the overall direction of the site. No matter how useful such a feature may be for the rest of the site, I would like this feature disabled because it makes me sad."

Grow up.
That's what I was suspecting, but I figured that I'm too much of a noob to be allowed to say that.

nintenho said:
How come I only see it under my name? In the place it should be on other people's posts, there's this little "urgent" road sign thing-a-majiggy.

You don't have enough posts and probably not enough rep to have all the features we big boys have ;)

EDIT: Oh, i've disabled my rep cause the whole thing is a sham. No, Dave hasn't taken off 700 points from me again.

Reactions: Geo
london-boy said:
EDIT: Oh, i've disabled my rep cause the whole thing is a sham. No, Dave hasn't taken off 700 points from me again.

Don't worry, your rep will follow you everywhere! :devilish:

;)

_xxx_ said:
Don't worry, your rep will follow you everywhere! :devilish:

;)

That's actually quite true, but then again, at least that reputation allows me many privileges!!! Like, my b-day party is on saturday, got lots of guestlist passes for everyone and all sorts of things ;)

Anyway, black is the new green.

london-boy said:
Like, my b-day party is on saturday, got lots of guestlist passes for everyone and all sorts of things
There must be some sort of mistake LB, I haven't gotten my invite yet. :(

Oh, and red is the new green this year... ;)

digitalwanderer said:
There must be some sort of mistake LB, I haven't gotten my invite yet. :(

Oh, and red is the new green this year... ;)

Heh, if you're around you're very welcome to come!! It will get kinda heavy :devilish:

Back