Proposition: Reputation Be Disabled As Criterion For "promotion"

So Digi and I just performed a little experiment.

We both turned off rep, then both neg repped each other.

The results of the neg rep were visible on the Edit Options page, in that the score is there where the rep toggle checkbox is, and it went down even tho both of us had our rep off when the neg reps were given.

And flipping the toggle off also means you don't see rep comments on the CP when they are left even tho your rep points are apparently impacted by them.

Then we both turned our reps back on, and the score didn't change but now the rep comments and red squares were visible in the CP. Finally, Digi turned his rep off again while I left mine on and my score didn't change and his neg rep and comment were still there as a red.

So, that's the name of that tune --display only is what turning off reputation does.

Strange, I tried to (pos) rep someone with turned off rep and I got a display "XYZ has turned the reputation off" and couldn't give rep to him at all.

EDIT: but now I can, just tried l-b above. Something must have changed since.

How do you check to see who gave you good or bad rep? I earned some pretty bad rep lately, but I'm just curious about who did it...

nintenho said:
How do you check to see who gave you good or bad rep? I earned some pretty bad rep lately, but I'm just curious about who did it...
Get over 1,000 posts and have a positive reputation.

nintenho said:
I'll try and do it in a month. Only means 25 posts per day....
Remember though, no spamming or your posts will just get mysteriously disapeared. Also remember that posts in the General & RPSC don't count towards your postcount.

Good luck. :)

digitalwanderer said:
Remember though, no spamming or your posts will just get mysteriously disapeared. Also remember that posts in the General & RPSC don't count towards your postcount.

Good luck. :)

Nor Site Feedback either.

thekey said:
Thats great, you want to take free speech from people that may not be liked by those who can give rep completely...

No one has the right to "free speech" on a private forum. Deal with it.

Yeah it does work, if i enable my rep, i can see that 2 people repped me when i had it off, increasing my total points. If i turn it back off, i won't see who repped me, but i still have the points, and people can still rep me... interesting...

These days if i'm gonna bad rep someone, i use the report button instead, maybe both, i realised it does more damage. When i bad rep someone it's always because their posts don't have a place in this forum, and therefore reportable anyway.

london-boy said:
Yeah it does work, if i enable my rep, i can see that 2 people repped me when i had it off, increasing my total points. If i turn it back off, i won't see who repped me, but i still have the points, and people can still rep me... interesting...

These days if i'm gonna bad rep someone, i use the report button instead, maybe both, i realised it does more damage. When i bad rep someone it's always because their posts don't have a place in this forum, and therefore reportable anyway.
Do posters lose any priveleges if their rep becomes negative?

nintenho said:
Do posters lose any priveleges if their rep becomes negative?

Yes. You won't see who reps you, you might lose the right to edit your posts, not sure about that.
Personally i think negative rep should also affect the ability to open new threads, it would really really help in the console forum, where lots of kids just come in with now postcounts and low rep and open the stupidest threads...

Back