PowerVR Interview with VP Business Development + PR Manager

Simon F said:
Besides everything you want to know about S5 is in there... you just have to re-arrange the letters into the right order :p

Ahaaaa .... MBX ... could you be talking about XBM or ... XBA which comes from BitBoys's initial concept of XtremeBandwidthArchitecture ?

That would make some sense : MBX or XBM -> Xtreme Bandwidth Memory and would be probably the only suited method to deliver such gret performance in a mobile device without using who knows what fast/hot/large/expensive external memory : to use embeded memory working @ a much lower speed to offer lower temps. and power consumption but with much less latency then the external memory aproach .

Is that what you are talking about Simon ?

I would sure like to be the first one around to guess that ... :)

I don't think MBX has edram. Yet there's one answer that is related to memory in general that you might want to decrypt a bit more....

David G. said:
Simon F said:
Besides everything you want to know about S5 is in there... you just have to re-arrange the letters into the right order :p
Ahaaaa .... MBX ... could you be talking about XBM or ... XBA which comes from BitBoys's initial concept of XtremeBandwidthArchitecture ?
That would make some sense : MBX or XBM -> Xtreme Bandwidth Memory and would be probably....<SNIP>

Errr. My comment was completely facetious - don't read anything into it. :?

Simon F said:
David G. said:
Simon F said:
That would make some sense : MBX or XBM -> Xtreme Bandwidth Memory and would be probably....<SNIP>

Errr. My comment was completely facetious - don't read anything into it. :?

Hmm... Completely...
There's Complete in that...
Could it be you just hit a milestone? :oops:

Okay, I know, that was once again completely facetious...

Uttar

I have to say in reading that I was rather tickled how they wouldn't really talk about Bitboys other than to try and dismiss us. I think they're scared. ;)

-Dave

Dave said:
I have to say in reading that I was rather tickled how they wouldn't really talk about Bitboys other than to try and dismiss us. I think they're scared. ;)

-Dave

I don't think they did it on purpose to be honest (and yes I do get the obvious joke). I for one didn't ignore BB while asking the question.

[poke mode] scared of your dx9 PC graphics chip? [/poke mode]

*runs*

Simon F said:
Bjorn said:
That was a very annoying and uninformative interview for those of us that are interested in the PVR Series 5 :)
That's rather hurtful. Some of us have spent quite a bit of time on MBX. :cry: :D

some of us are excited by the MBX as well. a 3d gaming capable PDA would be nice.

jandar said:
some of us are excited by the MBX as well. a 3d gaming capable PDA would be nice.

Yeah;

You can only hope that this ugly thing from Nokia with it's 640 x 320 Display has an MBX :

img0.jpg

Back