Post Pics Of Your Setup

DSC00274.JPG

hey Cobra, where did you get your cabinetry/shelving?

Old pic (before I got my 360)... Same TV and stuff, but I've recently moved and don't have any pics of the new place (or even an internet connection setup yet). Probably going to sell the TV soon (probably get a 70" SXRD to replace it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished the basement myself a few months ago, gave myself a room for the wife and I to enjoy.

Front wall (104" screen isn't framed yet, that's all that is left to finish):

2 rows of seats, surround speakers:

360 Dashboard, nice and bright for a 104" screen:

Random PGR3 shot:

Setup:
Sanyo Z4
Denon 3803
Fluance SX-HTB+, plus 2 extra surrounds
PartsExpress Dayton 12" Sub

Is it just me or is that a very large centre channel?

Yes :) it's just under the length of my arm. Each mid range has a port which makes it quite long (pic)

At the time it was the biggest energy made I think. However it's not quite as big as some Polk centres get :runaway: :devilish:

I do like them a lot. Shame the room doesn't let me put the mains further apart.

Yes :) it's just under the length of my arm. Each mid range has a port which makes it quite long (pic)

At the time it was the biggest energy made I think. However it's not quite as big as some Polk centres get :runaway: :devilish:

I do like them a lot. Shame the room doesn't let me put the mains further apart.

Energy makes some good speakers for the price... I have a set of 2xC-9s, 2xC-3 (bookshelf), and a CC-3. Took me forever to find a place that sold the CC-3; I think it was discontinued and teh CC-1 took over. It has dual 6.5" woofers with two ports in the back. Is that the same size as the CC-1? I'll post a pic once I get my camera back from my fiancee. Here's the CC-3:

Energy makes some good speakers for the price... I have a set of 2xC-9s, 2xC-3 (bookshelf), and a CC-3. Took me forever to find a place that sold the CC-3; I think it was discontinued and teh CC-1 took over. It has dual 6.5" woofers with two ports in the back. Is that the same size as the CC-1? I'll post a pic once I get my camera back from my fiancee. Here's the CC-3:

Yes I believe the CC1 does have 6.5"s. The fronts I have are C7s, so the same as your C9s just the same 6.5" drivers (C9s have 8"s?). I also have CR1s for rears, and an S10.3 sub. So all the 'last to be built in canada' models. I got them around a year ago brand new. Getting speciality speakers and AV gear over here is *very* expensive, you are generally looking at twice the US price at least, so I was quite happy to get the entire set new for around $2400nz (~$1500us).
That may still sound a lot, but consider that the entire set had a RRP of $6300nz. We get royally shafted on 'uncommon' speaker prices. Your C3's would set me back $1300nz over here today (about $800us).

Overall I like them a lot :) Build and sound quality is absolutely miles ahead of my old wharfedale sapphires (english built ones too)

Yes I believe the CC1 does have 6.5"s. The fronts I have are C7s, so the same as your C9s just the same 6.5" drivers (C9s have 8"s?). I also have CR1s for rears, and an S10.3 sub. So all the 'last to be built in canada' models. I got them around a year ago brand new. Getting speciality speakers and AV gear over here is *very* expensive, you are generally looking at twice the US price at least, so I was quite happy to get the entire set new for around $2400nz (~$1500us).
That may still sound a lot, but consider that the entire set had a RRP of $6300nz. We get royally shafted on 'uncommon' speaker prices. Your C3's would set me back $1300nz over here today (about $800us).

Overall I like them a lot :) Build and sound quality is absolutely miles ahead of my old wharfedale sapphires (english built ones too)

I think the C-7's has 5.5" speakers, but has the same setup as the C-9s (same number of speakers, tweeter, and ports): http://www.energy-speakers.com/v2/products/product-page.php?ident=C-7. I know for sure my C-9's are only 6.5", the same as the C-3 and CC-3... Unfortunately for me, only my CC-3 was made in Canada :(

I got my speakers just over a year ago too, but I was lucky and purchased everything (excpet the CC-3) through a closeout sale of a then-major home-entertainment store (GoodGuys). I got 50% off on the C-9s and C-3s, for a total of ~$800 I belive. Of course the CC-3 itself was ~$600. I haven't purchase a sub yet, mainly because I'm still an apartment dweller. But I have my sights on the SVS PB12-Ultra: http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box.cfm

Pic of my setup (sorry! its a phone pic):

hey Cobra, where did you get your cabinetry/shelving?

I got the stuff at IKEA.

(6) Correas shelve units ($35.00/ea)

(1) LACK wall shelf ($20.00) Just laid across top.

Total: $240.00

Fairly reasonable makeshif entertainmnent setup and the shelves are quite sturdy actually.

Got things sorta organized, Just moved into a newish place so things arent exactly the way I'd like them but they will do for now. PS3's spot is reserved on the tv stand. Hopefully Ill be able to save up for a proper HDTV not too long after the PS3's release.

Got things sorta organized, Just moved into a newish place so things arent exactly the way I'd like them but they will do for now. PS3's spot is reserved on the tv stand. Hopefully Ill be able to save up for a proper HDTV not too long after the PS3's release.

2 dream casts...
3 came cubes...
4 nes'...
is that 5 psones'?

?! :oops:

Then again we have 5 original xboxes in this house... (between 3 of us)

Haha, I had run a repair shop a while back. Made a nice amount of money doing that for a while. Mainly I worked on PS1's. Bought em off ebay in lots, fixed em, painted em, then sold em. At my peak I had about 35 PS1's Grossest thing I found was a dead roach inside a Genesis XD.

2 dream casts...
3 came cubes...
4 nes'...
is that 5 psones'?

The dreamcasts, one is Japanese and the other is American. One gamecube is retail and the other two are for playing development versions of the games. NES are just the ones Ive aquired since its release (they broke, but recently I repaired them).

How much for a working N64, SNES and some games?

Edit: Nevermind forgot the Wii will have that virtual console I guess... ;)

This thread punctuates my "the world is infatuated with the ever growing desire for the largest television humanly possible" statement with an extra bold exclamation mark.

:LOL:
Everytime I time I see your setup, DotCal, I have to remind myself that I am looking at the gaming room of a Resident Evil enthusiast and not of a psychotic killer (see upper part of the pic) :devilish:

That number of chainsaws is just greedy. Think of all the starving children in Africa who haven't got a chainsaw, and you've got a mountain of the things! I don't know how you can sleep at night! (Maybe a hard day's chain-sawing is tiring and you actually sleep pretty well...)

:p

Back