Post Pics Of Your Setup

That's what I meant. The new model is out and this one is cheap as **** now. It's a great HD projector.

You can't go wrong with it. There are a lot of reviews on the net if you want to do research, just Google...

I would recommend sony´s new RPTV lineup. They have 50" and 60" models utilizing three new 1920x1080 LCoS panels (no rainbow effects). New LCoS panels have practically eliminated screen door effect and they have crt like black levels (about 0,006-0,021 foot-lamberts).

KDS-R60XBR1 5000$ MRSP
Native resolution; 1920x1080

KDS-R50XBR1 4000$ MRSP
Native resolution: 1920x1080

3LCD Rear Projection HDTV KDF-E50A10
A bit cheaper 3LCD budget model at 2500$ MRSP
Native resolution: 1280x720

When buying a projector, keep in mind that the screen can cost as much as a good LCDTV as well... that is, if you want a screen that's big and supports a good range of brightness, from black to white. Then there's the problem of darkening out the room mentioned by Hardknock.

But sure it's pretty impressive if you can afford a 2m screen :)

Hardknock said:
If it's not atleast native 720p, no I wouldn't get it. Projectors are good, but they aren't very practical for normal everyday viewing. Also there are issues with lighting and viewing distance unless you have a room that you can dedicate to it that is big enough and that can be completely shielded off from light. HDTVs are far more practical and don't have issues with lighting as much. Unless you want to make a movie room or something, I'd stick with HDTV.

QFT. Lighting is a big deal for these projectors. My setup degrades considerably when more than the minimum ambient light is introduced (by openeing a door, turnign on lights,etc). PJs are at a point now where they are very affordable for good performance but still not entirely practical unless you have some dedicated space for them. A nice big screen TV still is the best for a multi-purpose room. New technology in screens (i.e. black screens) may change this shortly, but for now TVs are still the king of the family room.

Hifi_Mies said:
I would recommend sony´s new RPTV lineup. They have 50" and 60" models utilizing three new 1920x1080 LCoS panels (no rainbow effects). New LCoS panels have practically eliminated screen door effect and they have crt like black levels (about 0,006-0,021 foot-lamberts).

KDS-R60XBR1 5000$ MRSP
Native resolution; 1920x1080

KDS-R50XBR1 4000$ MRSP
Native resolution: 1920x1080

3LCD Rear Projection HDTV KDF-E50A10
A bit cheaper 3LCD budget model at 2500$ MRSP
Native resolution: 1280x720

I just bought the KDS-R60XBR1 a couple of weeks ago and I its amazing. The picture is bright with great contrast and colors. No rainbow or screendoor effect. Now if only I could get my hands on a 360. :(

expletive, one question

Is there any good forum for home theater for an unfinished basement (projectors, projector screens, speakers) ?

Someone asked me that on other forum, but I would have same interest in this.

thanx :p

Lysander said:
expletive, one question

Is there any good forum for home theater for an unfinished basement (projectors, projector screens, speakers) ?

Someone asked me that on other forum, but I would have same interest in this.

thanx :p

You beat me to it, AVSForum has been my best friend over the last 3 years when it comes to AV equipment. There's also special 'builder' sections that talk a lot about what youve asked here.

Of course, i'm happy to help as well so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

A certain (extremely silly) person expressed scepticism with me actually owning a 360 in another thread, so here we go. Nothing spectacular, but my equipment serves me very well.

I got a Sony HT-BE1 home theater surround system with integrated DTS/DD decoder, 5.1 amp and subwoofer, plus external satellite speakers. Decent enough sound for me, bass isn't exactly thundering in movies perhaps (turn it up a bit and it struggles), but for music purposes it's quite enough. The TV is a MFM-HT75W, with an X-Black screen and the 360 hooked up through component leads.

*Ooooops! Putfile is down for maintenance, so I can't actually upload my pics. Hehehe! And I'm too lazy to register somewhere else...

I'll update again later with the actual pics.

Guden Oden said:
A certain (extremely silly) person expressed scepticism with me actually owning a 360 in another thread, so here we go. Nothing spectacular, but my equipment serves me very well.

I got a Sony HT-BE1 home theater surround system with integrated DTS/DD decoder, 5.1 amp and subwoofer, plus external satellite speakers. Decent enough sound for me, bass isn't exactly thundering in movies perhaps (turn it up a bit and it struggles), but for music purposes it's quite enough. The TV is a MFM-HT75W, with an X-Black screen and the 360 hooked up through component leads.

*Ooooops! Putfile is down for maintenance, so I can't actually upload my pics. Hehehe! And I'm too lazy to register somewhere else...

I'll update again later with the actual pics.

http://www.imageshack.us/

expletive said:
You beat me to it, AVSForum has been my best friend over the last 3 years when it comes to AV equipment. There's also special 'builder' sections that talk a lot about what youve asked here.

Of course, i'm happy to help as well so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Too true. I use the UK one, which is AVForums.com (the S changes position) and i have to say it is by far the best forum/website in terms of amount of information and number of people who actually know what they're talking about, in every field from Audio to Video to whatever.

for Europeans short on cash

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/03/13/samsung_hd_ready_crt_tv/

It seems Samsung, for one, has been listening and has been showing off its latest CRT TV this week at CeBIT. The 32in telly has two key features: it's far slimmer than conventional CRTs and - crucially - it's HD Ready.

Yes, the CTV-32Z30 is ready to show high definition broadcasts - or will be when it ships in a few months' time. It's ready to go with an HDMI connector on the back, and presumably there'll be the usual array of SCART and s-video connectors too. Samsung didn't say what the maximum resolution is, but other HD CRTs it's offered elsewhere go up to 1080i.

The CTV-32Z30 is part of Samsung's SlimFit range. The company says a 30in display will be just 40cm (16in) front to back, compared to 60cm (24in) for a conventional CRT screen.

The screen is expected in the UK in May for around £350. ®
(from dm)

Lysander said:
You have power unit on your x360 :?: :!:

Yea call me crazy but for now it seems to work. Still want to tweak some things before i move it to its final home...just not sure where that is just yet :)

jb said:
Yea call me crazy but for now it seems to work. Still want to tweak some things before i move it to its final home...just not sure where that is just yet :)

Wait, so you have the brick on the 360 and then are they both on a Sub?!? I would think the reverberations would cause more interesting things to happen than the brick being on top of the 360.

NucNavST3 said:
Wait, so you have the brick on the 360 and then are they both on a Sub?!? I would think the reverberations would cause more interesting things to happen than the brick being on top of the 360.

Yes but I live in an appartment and have small childern near buy so any playing on the xbox360 has to be done at respectical levels to my enviroment (ie I crank it too loud the wife kills me). I am aware that neither is a good idea. Again I just ploped everything down and have not had time to move it into its final location!

Back