Post Pics Of Your Setup

Bad_Boy said:
lol nah leave it, the red carpet + lights has that movie theater feel. All you need now are people sitting behind you being loud and kicking your chair. ;)

And don't forget chewing gum on the carpet. And under the armrests of the armchairs.

ninelven said:
Yep i got a used pair of 802s and HTM1 center for a great price. The 4 surrounds i had to buy from a dealer though.

london-boy said:
Expletive.... who are you?!

That is one freaking amazing "cinema room" you have there... Though i'd change the red wallpaper and the dreadful red carpets in a heartbeat, but we're not talking decoration here...

Just an HT enthusiast really. Ive been building the thing piece by piece for a few years now. Plus i finished the whole basement (from studs to paint, including all the electrical work) myself (with my father in law) which saved a ton of money.

I know the color scheme is hit or miss, but in PERSON it looks much less "agressive" and therefore more 'elegant' imo, because the walls are actually burgundy and not red as they appear here.

Bad Boy said:
lol nah leave it, the red carpet + lights has that movie theater feel. All you need now are people sitting behind you being loud and kicking your chair.

Dont forget the people screaming at me "Don't go in the basement!!!" while playing condemned. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not expletivish but anyways...Here goes!

xboxnpals.jpg

notes:

-I need a BLACK 360. At least a BLACK front cover. I hate white.

-The regular xbox has standard USB ports modded in, though they aren't in use at the time. Usually I have wireless mouse and keyboard there for linux use but the keyboard suffered some liquid spillage damage :(

-I wonder if I can get rid of that damn legacy VHS soon

-The digital tv receiver on the right is of a brand "Tevebox" and I take the chance here to call it utter crap. It crashes once or twice a day and the finnish texts on the discovery channel package are usually messed up real good. I need to plug the card out and in all the time, sometimes only taking the power plug of and on again does the trick. and no HD out on the digibox either... But at least it gives me the mythbusters

-Been used to wireless controllers... Have used the wavebird in gamecube for quite a while so the wireless controller of the 360 is welcome company for it :)
By comparison, wavebird has like 100x the battery life of the wireless 360 controller... but no vibration effects.

pgr3.jpg

-The camera is for the PS2. Eye toy kinetic keeps me in fit shape

-Oh and the telly is a 44" DLP capable of 720p and 1080i.

Last edited by a moderator:
expletive, thanks for the pics, it's exactly like my vision! Now I can show my wife without waving my hands in the air, pointing at stuff, and mumbling about dlp projectors. :D

expletive said:
Well once i wire ethernet cable to my equipment rack next week i'll be moving my 360 here:

45033838-01b6-02000155-.jpg

45033831-5cc5-02000155-.jpg

18" Velodyne DD-18 providing the *thump* for COD 2.
45033918-1172-02000155-.jpg

Theres a room off to the side where the actual 360 will go its kinda difficult to make out in this pic. You can see the original xbox there but i have since rearranged things and the 360 will be 2 shelves lower.

41835733-d5d6-02000155-R.jpg

Now I know why you have that name. HOLY ****

Smoly Hokes!

expletive said:
Well once i wire ethernet cable to my equipment rack next week i'll be moving my 360 here:

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/6E/A0/45033838-01b6-02000155-.jpg

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/67/A0/45033831-5cc5-02000155-.jpg

18" Velodyne DD-18 providing the *thump* for COD 2.
http://a8.cpimg.com/image/BE/A3/45033918-1172-02000155-.jpg

Theres a room off to the side where the actual 360 will go its kinda difficult to make out in this pic. You can see the original xbox there but i have since rearranged things and the 360 will be 2 shelves lower.

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/D5/A3/41835733-d5d6-02000155-R.jpg
Wow. Too bad you're not my neighbor... Every major DVD release would require a thorough testing... at your place, of course! ;)

Once my roomie and me get our Xboxen in (tomorrow!!!), we'll take some pics...

nelg said:
expletive,

:oops: I can feel that Sub-Woofer from here!

What kind of audio equipment are you running?

The speakers are B&W Nautilus (802's, an HTM1, and 4 SCM-1 surrounds)
Sub is a velodyne DD-18
My amplifier is a sherbourn 7/2100 (7 x 200 watts) amp (2 power cords)
Preamp/processor is an anthem Statement D1
Pioneer 57avi DVD player
Kimber speaker cable
Kimber/Harmonic Technology for most of the other cables
2 Monster Power conditioners (2600 and 3600)

I've also got Lumagen Vision HDP video processor/scaler that converts everything to 720p with HDMI out to the projector

And a pronto 3000 programmable LCD remote so my wife/kids can actually use it. :)

Couple quick pics I just snagged:

Specs:

- Samsung TXN2745FP EDTV (1080i enabled through service menu)
- Pioneer VSX-D912K A/V receiver
- JBL EC35 center
- 2 JBL E30's (fronts)
- 2 JBL N24II's (rears)
- Dayton "Tiny Mighty II" 10" 100 watt sub (useable 25Hz response)
- Panasonic S77S DVD w/DCDi
- Samsung SIR-T451 HD tuner
- Sony VCR
- Xbox 360
- Xbox (the one you can see in the second pic isn't my main one)

So, let's keep this thread alive, albeit with my modest setup.

Samsung TXN3075WHF
Pelican Component switcher w/ ethernet
JVC 40000U DVHS w/ about 15 DVHS movies
Xbox 360
Xbox
Pioneer HTD-530
Harmony 880 remote (for the downstairs)
Harmony 659 remote (for the upstairs)

For 360 games I have: COD2, Madden 06, Kameo, PDZ, King Kong, PGR3, NBA 2k6, Condemned, NFS: Most Wanted
From Live Arcade I have: Geometry Wars, Zuma, Hexic (obviously), Bankshot Billiards, Outpost Kaloki X, Joust, Mutant Storm Reloaded, Gauntlet, Hardwood Spades, Bejeweled2, then on Demo/trial I have Wik (which I will be buying soon), Robotron 2084, and Smash TV

Lysander said:
This is not correct thread, but anyway...

What is the difference in visuals between home-projectors and hdtv, could anyone with experience say something on that?

I found this nice benq projector for 750e but it is in 800x600 svga (for Europe, in US it is 720p, don`t know why). Is it worthy of x360? Money IS an issue!

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007R6CGW/qid=1135580982/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl/028-2948336-9948554

If it's not atleast native 720p, no I wouldn't get it. Projectors are good, but they aren't very practical for normal everyday viewing. Also there are issues with lighting and viewing distance unless you have a room that you can dedicate to it that is big enough and that can be completely shielded off from light. HDTVs are far more practical and don't have issues with lighting as much. Unless you want to make a movie room or something, I'd stick with HDTV.

Back