Poll: What's your minimum framerate?

When choosing graphics settings, what's your minimum framerate to aim for?

• Above 60 fps. Anything less than 100 fps is a juddery mess

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
These days it is a good or great 60 fps with minimal frame-time fluctuations (aka none). That can a free-floating VRR 60 though, like 15 to 19 ms for example and I wont be too upset.

Oh, you didnt, oh wait you did, you just had to go there, Sir I challenge you to Deathmatch
/Plugs in his Razer Tartarus pro
1722905542192.png

Your messing with the big boys now....

Last edited:
I dont have any single answer.

On PC, I'm usually aiming for a consistent 60fps, but I rarely freak out if I cant get there. I'll take 60fps with drops easily enough in most games, and if the drops are too bad, I'm also sometimes ok with 30fps if the game isn't hindered by it too much. Controller-based action/adventure games, turn-based RPG's and strategy games, etc.

For console, it again depends on the game, but for the most part I'm pretty well tolerant of 30fps. If the 30fps is consistent and the game is good, I'm going to quickly forget about performance altogether once I'm playing. But also, if a game is really good I'll even grudgingly tolerate 30fps with regular drops. Not being able to do so would have meant missing out on some of my favorite games of all-time. I do have limits, though. While I can stomach 30fps with drops, I am not happy if the performance starts dropping to like sustained 20-25fps or something frequently. I remember having to shelve GTAV on the PS3 after a couple hours cuz the super low performance combined with the already laggy controls crossed into 'unplayable' territory for me.

I know some will see all this as having inherently low standards, but I think it's more of just a perspective thing. I very much appreciate nice, fast, consistent performance. I had a 144hz monitor for a little while. But for as much as I love to learn about and discuss the more technical side of gaming and hardware and whatnot, I do go out of my way to regularly remind myself that gaming should ultimately be about having fun. And so I've made deliberate choices to prevent my standards from getting to a level where my ability to enjoy games would be hindered by being far too picky about technical matters. That would be a shame. It also makes things more affordable, not needing any particularly high end hardware or having to upgrade more frequently.

I agree, one of the reasons I cant give an answer is because I have no idea what framerates I'm getting. I don't play games with a frame counter running
Quake 3 has a frame counter but I still dont know what framerates I'm getting because it only goes up to 999 :p

I would prefer a locked 60fps, but if a game drops in the odd place here or there I can live with it as long as the graphics justify the fps drop.

I agree, one of the reasons I cant give an answer is because I have no idea what framerates I'm getting. I don't play games with a frame counter running
Quake 3 has a frame counter but I still don't know what framerates I'm getting because it only goes up to 999 :p

Highest I ever got personally was Black Hawk Down on PC (amazing game!!), I had the frame rate cap maxed at 9,999fps in a specific spot which was cool šŸ˜Ž

Back