PGR3 (photo mode) pics

These pics are not from me. They are from some users on GAF and other users playing PGR3. I just wanted to devote this thread to the most beautiful racing game in history.

pgr3ferr.jpg

pgr3enzo2.jpg

IMGP0105.jpg

Who says that CGI picture on MotoGP3 for Xbox won't be possible on the 360 or PS3?:p

Hardknock said:
mckmas are you going to buy a 360 eventually? :p

Why do you ask? I don't think so. That would be just extremely too much money to spend. I have 5 games on the list to buy for the PS2 in 2006, a handful of games to buy for the PSP, and of course I will buy a PS3 and a few games.

Nothing against the 360 or even the revolution, but that's close to $1,000 worth of video game entertainment to spend next year. But I love to point out the great next-gen graphics for any system.

Cheers, gotta have priorities on a budget. :)

I think what I am most impressed about PGR3 is that this is a launch title. Is there anything they really need to improve? It looks quite real as is.

Alstrong said:
Cheers, gotta have priorities on a budget. :)

I think what I am most impressed about PGR3 is that this is a launch title. Is there anything they really need to improve? It looks quite real as is.

I believe we will reach a g.q saturation point, but we are not their yet. Although, I believe that by the end of the next gen, if cg techniques do not make a paradigm leap, we will reach the point at which increasing poly count/shader length/texture res etc, will not make enough of a perceived difference to warrant upgrade (to the public eye, although marketing spin will play a huge role in the perception). As it is, animation and globally applied physics systems seem to be the cutting edge, along with A.I. These have a lot of room to grow.

On a second note, who is beginning to think that the only serious difference between xbox360 and PS3 will be complexity of physics calculations, with the PS3 being cable of rendering a significant enough # of physics body dynamics/ simulation points over the xbox360 to make it noticeable to the end user (poor sentence structure eh? :)).

edit: Those shots look unbelievable btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow man!these look realer than real!
Whay cant we get the same quality during gameplay too?
The models are the same and we can get high resolutions now from consoles.

overclocked said:
PGR3 is probably the only game that fits in the real nextgen or what you call it.

Not to belittle the development, but I think it has to do with the game not having "complex" gameplay compared to other games i.e. they've had a lot more time to focus on graphics. That and the development history wasn't fudged by being a port of something at all.

Alstrong said:
Not to belittle the development, but I think it has to do with the game not having "complex" gameplay compared to other games i.e. they've had a lot more time to focus on graphics. That and the development history wasn't fudged by being a port of something at all.

But didn't think even get the final dev kits in July? I think they only had 6 to 8 weeks to work on the final kits. PGR4 will be even better.

overclocked said:
PGR3 is probably the only game that fits in the real nextgen or what you call it.

i beg to differ.. after playing now for around 4 hours.. i dont find the gfx THAT much better then PGR2

(played on 100hz 32inch PAL system and also on TFT screen on 1280x1024)

hey69 said:
i beg to differ.. after playing now for around 4 hours.. i dont find the gfx THAT much better then PGR2

(played on 100hz 32inch PAL system and also on TFT screen on 1280x1024)

So why didn't PGR2 have screenshots like this?

pgr3enzo2.jpg

nice pics Mck thanks

The PGR3 shots are different from GT4 photomode in that they are 100% in game with only added AA (supposedly)

The best GFX in the game are found the the garage, this truly amazed me. the in-game stuff was a big step down for me. I look farward to the day when the in-game GFX will be this good:

IMGP0105.jpg

Back