Pata-Pata-Pata-Pon going for $19.99 at launch

It's a rhythm game. Isn't turning off the music in Patapon the same as turning of the music in Dance Dance Revolution?

The edge of the screen will flash to indicate the rhythm, but that's so lame. ShaidarHaran's right ankle might fall off too if he relies solely on tapping to keep pace. Mine was sore after an hour. So I alternate between tapping and head-nodding :LOL:

The only time the constant chanting irritated me was during the totally ass desert level. For some reason I just couldn't get the time down on Don Do-Don Do-Don, so I must have spent 20 minutes doing Chik Chika Pata Pon ten times so I could mess up the rain dance.

When your playing the game a lot of the time your in the bonus chant (or should be), so it's nothing like as irritating as you might expect.

Other than the frustration of the desert level it's a fun game, worth $20, 4 hours to recharge your PSP and another 4 tryingt o figure out what combination of flashes are required to get you to a point where you can play it.

This game is fun but my girlfriend hates me playing it without headphones tee hee hee.
20080303.jpg

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/03/03

Same here when I was playing the demo - my wife complained that it sounded like a bunch of aggressive loco roco. She didn't even know what I was playing. :D

Okay, I survived hell week at work. I'm back to Patapon on Friday.

The only time the constant chanting irritated me was during the totally ass desert level. For some reason I just couldn't get the time down on Don Do-Don Do-Don, so I must have spent 20 minutes doing Chik Chika Pata Pon ten times so I could mess up the rain dance.

The rain dance was ok for me. I always missed the last sequence but the game went easy on me. It still rained but I lost the fever right after the dance.

I am currently stucked at mission 16 (I think). I want the "Run like chicken" chant. Am grinding now to raise 4 rare-kibapons to charge at the boss. God knows whether this is the right strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
A simple review: http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/03/review-patapon.html

Actually, I just wanted to know if anyone has finished the game. It's pretty hard, but I love the game. Rated it higher than MGS: Portable Ops and LocoRoco. I didn't try the PSP God of War game (Don't like the concept, don't ask me why).

I have finally defeated Dokaknel (after umpteen tries). It didn't even drop the rare Dokaknel's Fang. So I'm going to beat it one more time. >_<

Back