Pata-Pata-Pata-Pon going for $19.99 at launch

patsu

Legend
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/01/21/patapon-pata-price-1999/

As you can see, Patapon is really different and highly creative, a new kind of PSP experience we don’t want anyone to miss. So to make it more accessible to everyone, we are happy to officially announce that we are releasing it at $19.99, lower than other new PSP games. It’s a game that shouldn’t get lost with some other big titles launching on the platform. It deserves your attention because it’s very cool.

Yippie !

I've been playing around with the Japanese version and it's great fun. The language barrier does take away the finer details though, but I can honestly recommend this to everyone, and $20 is really a steal - go for it people!

Wow. I was completely ready to drop $40 on it and now to see it announced as $20....this is a steal and I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

Wrong forum - you're a Handheld regular, Patsu, too :?

Edit: I just saw the forum re-org. Carry on ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I was completely ready to drop $40 on it and now to see it announced as $20....this is a steal and I can't wait to get my hands on this game.

^^ What he said.

That freaking music is stuck in my head now too. Been enjoying this demo a lot, ready for the retail game.

My wife is getting a relative from the US over this weekend, if she wasn't bringing three items for us already, I'd have asked her to get this for us as well :D 15 euro vs 40 euro, that's a big difference!

Well THAT'S a cool thing I don't often see...!

You can save your game at the end of the demo, and directly continue off it in the retail copy, having to replay none of the parts you've already been through.

Where in the world did you guys get this idea from ? I keep tapping my feet when I play.

Pata-Pata-Pata-PON !
Pon-Pon-Pata-PON !

The Pata-Pons rival SackBoy in cuteness. The only thing I dislike so far is the 4-character name limit. They call me Mighty Pats instead of Mighty Patsu. :(

Well then, I will just Pon Pon Pata Pon you. :devilish:

How should I explain it...

The Pons are blood-thirsty, determined and yet helpless. Without me, the player, I think the entire race will be wiped out like the Do-Do birds. I felt obliged or even therapeutic to help them conquer the world. It's hypnotic !

SackBoy is adorable and customizable. They look so... huggable. I think they will max-out my cuteness meter if my wife and I get a real plush SackBoy/Gal toy each to represent ourselves. :yes:

EDIT:
They need to do a Peta-Pon rap or some sort of song. I'd totally play it while driving, especially on a family excursion. :yes: $ :yes: $ :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't bought a PSP game in a while. At such a price I will definitely give this a try.
Thank you all for sharing, and patsu for the great video and review.

Looks cool. Will have to pick this one up after I get my deep red PSP. Much like locoroco, will have to play without the sound though ;)

Back