Parsec-esque game? Stargate?

Another thread just reminded me of this concept, and I thought I'd ask about it. I know it was a PC project but since I'm into consoles much more now than then I figured I'd see if anything was similar.

So... is there?

And what happened to the Parsec project?

And have there been any rumors of a Stargate based game? That could be cool, especially if it followed the general Parsec framework and was more of a space FPS than a RPG... or if we were lucky a great combination of both.

Another thread just reminded me of this concept, and I thought I'd ask about it. I know it was a PC project but since I'm into consoles much more now than then I figured I'd see if anything was similar.

So... is there?

And what happened to the Parsec project?

AFAIK, dead and buried a long time ago. Went open source and then died. Forums are down, and the last update to the official site was May 2003. Probably best look to Freescape and it's various mods and updates for that kind of thing.

And have there been any rumors of a Stargate based game? That could be cool, especially if it followed the general Parsec framework and was more of a space FPS than a RPG... or if we were lucky a great combination of both.

Yes, it's an online MMPORPG called Stargate Worlds (website seems to be down), developed by Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment. There's a bit of blurb about it at Gateworld. It seems to have classes and be running on Epic's Unreal Engine 3

AFAIK, dead and buried a long time ago. Went open source and then died. Forums are down, and the last update to the official site was May 2003. Probably best look to Freescape and it's various mods and updates for that kind of thing.
Never heard of freescape... I'll check it out.

Yes, it's an online MMPORPG called Stargate Worlds (website seems to be down), developed by Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment. There's a bit of blurb about it at Gateworld. It seems to have classes and be running on Epic's Unreal Engine 3
Hmm... that could be interesting. I really liked the space based FPS action of parsec... maybe stargate worlds will have a bit of that in there? I'll check it out too, though I never could get quite immersed enough in those MM-RPG's.

Back