Parhelia Demos on a Geforce4 Ti4200

ben6

Regular
Uninstalled my Parhelia because of an issue that Matrox is working on, and installed a Ti4200 Geforce4. Anyway , while I had uninstalled all the Matrox drivers and utilities, silly me , I forgot to uninstall the demos. What the heck I fired up the Character Displacement Mapping demo and the Bass demo .

Character (Alien)- The base mesh wasn't N-Patched or displacement mapped. So the characters instead of lanky alien and lizard guy, were fat (base mesh) alien and fat lizard hehe

Bass- The bass was almost half rendered. Apparently because of the 4 texture units on the Parhelia versus the 2 on a Geforce4 , parts of the bass were missing ..

Thought you'd get a kick out of that

Ben

Well, the Parhelia and the GF4 have the exact same pixel shading capabilities (the GF4 is fully capable of four textures per pass...it just takes two clocks), so the problems almost certainly were caused by a lack of having all of the vertex shader routines that the Parhelia is capable of.

Are any of these demos available somewhere ? Especially SharkMark (or among friends called "fishy"-Mark) would be nice to have... :D

K~

Kristof said:
Are any of these demos available somewhere ? Especially SharkMark (or among friends called "fishy"-Mark) would be nice to have... :D
Good luck with that... looks like Matrox is only allowing "select" sites to use it. Which means only they know what it's doing and can make sure their drivers works flawlessly with it, possibly leaving competitors at a disadvantage.

Back