Paddington Game Lengths

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is that supposed to imply?

That the game benefited from the delay.

Its all right there in what I said. do you disagree with something ? Are you saying whatever the state the game releases in on feb 20th 2015 it wont be better for it than it releasing it in 2014 ?

Did they publish this interview last week?
It's dated today. To be clear, I'm glad RAD clarified it although the 5 hour length had been debunked, to my satisfaction, by others on GAF who have proven themselves reliable in such matters previously. But it's a slippery slope once you start responding to, and correcting, nonsense on the internet.

You end up with a PR department bigger than your development team :yes:

It's dated today. To be clear, I'm glad RAD clarified it although the 5 hour length had been debunked, to my satisfaction, by others on GAF who have proven themselves reliable in such matters previously. But it's a slippery slope once you start responding to, and correcting, nonsense on the internet.

I think they just will learn to live in the AAA world when your title is exclusive to a platform... Bungie, Naughty Dog, Epic, Remedy they all know how to do...

Not really debunked since the youtube playthrough is still there for everyone to see.

I read another person on Gaf finished it on normal in 9 hours. I'm guessing its as long as similar games, 8-10 hours. Anyone can do it faster of course.

Not really debunked since the youtube playthrough is still there for everyone to see.
Well I said debunked to my satisfaction.

But when a RAD spokesman says it's impossible to finish the game in the time that is the duration of the video, you don't think that's debunked sufficiently? Are you saying RAD are being dishonest?

That the game benefited from the delay.

Its all right there in what I said. do you disagree with something ? Are you saying whatever the state the game releases in on feb 20th 2015 it wont be better for it than it releasing it in 2014 ?
I wasnt referring to your post :)

... and anyone can do it slower, specially in those places that legalized pot.:oops:

The guy who took 14h, where does he live?
He explain why his playtime was so long. He was playing in hard mode, was searching collectibles, 74% games of them found after first playthrough and admiring the graphics of the game. MJP a photo mode please!!!!

Last edited:
Well I said debunked to my satisfaction.

But when a RAD spokesman says it's impossible to finish the game in the time that is the duration of the video, you don't think that's debunked sufficiently? Are you saying RAD are being dishonest?

Considering the guy on youtube clearly did it, I'd be inclined to say yes. A dishonest comment from a developer isn't exactly an earth-shattering, unheard of event.

Considering the guy on youtube clearly did it, I'd be inclined to say yes. A dishonest comment from a developer isn't exactly an earth-shattering, unheard of event.
I've looked at the timelines and it seems that RAD's statement likely wasn't made in reference to the 5 video on YouTube because the statement predates its posting.

And sure, people lie or are less than completely honest. Personally, I give people the benefit of the doubt until they demonstrate themselves untrustworthy.

Most statements fall around 8h to 10h, that seems to be the median.
One outlier is 5.5h, from accounts of those who saw the video, easy, almost no dying, no exploration, no collections and no story items. But not a "speed run".
Another outlier is 14h a on Hard, exploration, collections, story items. Took his time.

Now the assumption is that the devs are lying. Everybody is lying.

Fear.

I hoped for a meaty sp campaign like TLoU and the new Wolfenstein...both 15+ hours long.

If it offers 8-10 very good hours of fun, I am still happy!

Is there a way to make my ps4 preload the game even when I am not at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back