Ouch :(

One thing that I am personally can't wait to find out is how much of Walt's renowned "Nvidia is falling" post will turn out to be applicable in this situation, with appropriate change of company titles, of course. I guess we'll see in a couple of months.

I too would be tempted to buy some stock, but I haven't ever done it.

I addition it seems kind of silly since someone takes $ from you so you can spend $ in the form of a commission.

Geeforcer said:
One thing that I am personally can't wait to find out is how much of Walt's renowned "Nvidia is falling" post will turn out to be applicable in this situation, with appropriate change of company titles, of course. I guess we'll see in a couple of months.

It is also interesting in hindsight how extremely overrated his idea of the future impact on Nvidia. In particular, his complaints about JHH are what I'd consider minor to complaints against current ATI management and the inventory issues (which seem from hindsight a lot worse for ATI). So while it looked bad at the time, it looked like Nvidia was already heading up at the point with more OEM wins and better yields. ATI, on the other hand, was having what I'd call more yield issues and future product issues not yet in place.

Most likely, a lot of the ATI doom and gloom will be of similar substance come next year. Investors though will not invest until they get some proof the situation is beginning to look brighter. If the R5XX line pans out well, then ATI will be fine next year. If the line doesn't pan out well, then ATI will have a lot more problems than Nvidia had. I say this because Nvidia was stronger right before NV30 than ATI is right now before R5XX.

CMAN said:
Most likely, a lot of the ATI doom and gloom will be of similar substance come next year. Investors though will not invest until they get some proof the situation is beginning to look brighter.
I, too, don't think this particular knife has hit the bottom, yet, and wouldn't buy ATYT under the current circumstances.

Back