OMG! Windows to run on Intel processors!!

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
hehehehehehehe

Apple has suggested a two-year time frame for their switch to Intel. Microsoft is not so optimistic, they believe that their transition will take 5-7 years due to the plethora of different hardware implementations they must support.

"Moving from one processor to another is easy", he said, "Moving from one processor to that same processor, well, that's difficult."

london-boy said:
hehehehehehehe

Apple has suggested a two-year time frame for their switch to Intel. Microsoft is not so optimistic, they believe that their transition will take 5-7 years due to the plethora of different hardware implementations they must support.

"Moving from one processor to another is easy", he said, "Moving from one processor to that same processor, well, that's difficult."

Easy processor to another it is, difficult same processor to itself it has become, processor to processor it is not, easy or difficult it is. The wiseacrings of Steve "The Fester" Ballmer.

I don't think Apple have said they are going to be running their OS on PCs. All they said was they would be using Intel processors.

I would expect them to continue producing custom hardware which will be the only hardware configuration they need to worry about.

Fruitfrenzy said:
I don't think Apple have said they are going to be running their OS on PCs. All they said was they would be using Intel processors.

I would expect them to continue producing custom hardware which will be the only hardware configuration they need to worry about.

Eh, about the only thing custom about apple computers was the motherboard, cpu, and case, now that the motherboard and cpu are gone, that just leaves the case.

Back