Ok, can you help us solve a simple debate plz....

Josh378

Newcomer
Ok, were debating somthing simple here....

We have one group of guys (me and some other guy) is saying that this new technology called:

endorphin

Is a Physic Engine....

On the other hand, we have the other guys who say it is not a physic engine at all. So, who's correct? I was wondering from a 3D animator and Programmers point-of-view thinks about this.

Just your thoughts about this...thanks...

-Josh378

Maybe there are some physics calculations involved, but this is about generating character animation. This isn't a physics engine.

You aren't trying to advertise, are you? :D

Xmas said:
Maybe there are some physics calculations involved, but this is about generating character animation. This isn't a physics engine.

You aren't trying to advertise, are you? :D

No, but IF thats the case, then how come Ragdoll is called a physic's engine but Endorphin isn't? Both are doing simmular things, except that Ragdolll is in death animations and endorphin is for any applications....which is confusing me....

-Josh378

I think it's using something called procedural physics. So it in affect uses a physics engine, but it isn't itself a physics engine as thats middleware and endorphin is the endproduct (the animator uses it directly). It doesn't power anything as such, like a graphics engine would power a game.

Maybe it can be used as middleware, I havn't really looked, but basically you can use it directly, so it's application software.

It sounds like a type of interpolation to me. Be interesting to see how well it works and how efficiently it generates its code.

Back