nVidia's reply to 3dMark

binmaze said:
What is the maximum membership fee?
I don't think $5000 is enough for first-tier membership.
Is it confidential?

The FM guys nerver said that real number, and we can almost sure who had pay most money to FM - ATi.

cho said:
binmaze said:
Is it confidential?

The FM guys nerver said that real number, and we can almost sure who had pay most money to FM - ATi.

Would you care to elaborate on that?
How do you know what the real number is, and why did FM use the number they did use?

I'm very interested in hearing this, as not one, but several people who work at FM has stated that it costs 5000$...

If you've got a complete pricelist for the beta program, I'm sure more than I would like to see it...!

Re: does benchmarking with 3dmark matter anymore

vicious said:
I didn't see one game that was actually playable online or something that would actually make me want to pay 50 (estimated) for a benchmarking tool. I don't care who cheats. I am more concerned with the actual games. It still anyones game as to who will have the most graphics power. I see that Nvidia has the reign again, but who knows. Maybe ATI will come out with something better and blow them away again. so stop wasting your time and money on such a worthless topic and worry about the real games. (okay I feel better, had to get that off my chest) :oops:

LOL! This was meant as humour, wasn't it?
How did you determine the Nvidia has this "reign" again?
(if you say "because of benchmarks", I'm afraid we'll have to keeeeeeeeeeeeeel you!)

cho said:
binmaze said:
Is it confidential?

hmmmmm.... why not Dell, and is there a list of members around?

karlotta said:
hmmmmm.... why not Dell, and is there a list of members around?

You'll find a list of the beta members here...

cho said:

How do you know that FM never said the real number to become a beta member? The beta program has 3 different levels... From the list we can see that Trident is only a "beta member", whilst Matrox, Sis and S3 are "active beta members"....

Granted, I think Nvidia would like to be a "Strategic beta member" if they were to rejoin, but they don't have to if they think it costs too much...

My point is that FM most likely told us the price for being a "beta member", which Nvidia is welcome to become if they should ever have 5k$ to spare...

As for who has paid most, what about Intel, AMD, or Microsoft? They're all first tier/strategic beta members along with ATI...

But if you could furnish me with a list of what the membership costs for every level/how much each member has payed to become a member, I'm sure it would be an interesting read...

This "paying" issue is a bit pointless wrt 3DMark03. What they were talking about is renewing their membership for the next year, however the mainstay of development had already been done for 3DM03 by that time. I'd say that ATI and NVIDIA both paid equally for the period that 03 was researched and developed.

although you Dave and others here know that the cost issue is not that big, ive looked around at other forums and that is something people are using as an argumnent. Since they have nothing else to argue (other than the invalidity of FM). I get a headache reading how ignorant some people are.

later,

Back