Nvidia's 3000 Series RTX GPU [3090s with different memory capacity]

RTX 3090 vs RTX 3080 vs A100 vs RTX A6000 vs A5000, vs A10 vs RTX 2080 Ti | Exxact Blog (exxactcorp.com)
The following Amber 20 Benchmarks were performed on an Exxact AMBER Certified MD System using the following GPUs NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, NVIDIA A100 (PCIe), NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, NVIDIA RTX A500 and NVIDIA A10 using the AMBER 20 Benchmark Suite.

All benchmarks were performed using a single GPU configuration using Amber 20 Update 6 & AmberTools 20 Update 9. NVIDIA CUDA 11.1 was also used for these benchmarks.

Steam: Nvidia sold 11 GeForce RTX 3000 cards for every Radeon RX 6000 card that AMD sold (guru3d.com)
August 5, 2021
According to the survey results, the GeForce RTX 3070 was Nvidia's best-selling graphics card, and it is currently being used by 1.52 percent of Steam users. RTX 3080 with 0.88 percent, RTX 3060 with 0.64 percent, RTX 3060 Ti with 0.42 percent, and finally, the RTX 3090 with 0.38 percent are the next best performing graphics cards in this category. In total, 3.88 percent of Steam users have a GeForce RTX 3000 graphics card installed on their computer.

On the AMD side, the Radeon RX 6700 XT was the most widely used RX 6000 graphics card, accounting for 0.12 percent of total usage. With 0.1 percent, the RX 6800 XT is the next best-selling model, followed by 0.08 percent for the RX 6900 XT and finally 0.05 percent for the RX 6800. In total, 0.35 percent of Steam users have a Radeon RX 6000 graphics card, which means that they do not even come close to matching the percentage of RTX 3090 owners. Also, by dividing the percentages, we can see that Nvidia sold approximately 11 RTX 3000 GPUs for every RX 6000 GPU that AMD sold, which is insane given the competition.

What black magic is this? I'm not even getting a single RX 6000 card listed in the steam survey, despite CTRL+F5. Is the survey geo-locked or something?

Attachments

• store.steampowered.com_hwsurvey_videocard_210805165823.png
    store.steampowered.com_hwsurvey_videocard_210805165823.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
What black magic is this? I'm not even getting a single RX 6000 card listed in the steam survey, despite CTRL+F5. Is the survey geo-locked or something?
According to the articles, the metrics were obtained via the API which allows querying by Vulkan compatible GPUs, the only place they're appearing.

I see them:
upload_2021-8-5_17-32-53.png
Did go through it some days back and summed all RDNA2 models, posted results in RDNA3 thread iirc.

BestBuy prices for Nvidia cards don't seem out of the ordinary, only AMD cards are inflated. Doesn't matter whether they are in stock or out of stock.
GPUs / Video Graphics Cards - Best Buy

I'm not sure if this a joke post or not, but casually finding graphics cards at MSRP is nearly impossible nowadays. You'd need to camp a night outside retailers who claim they'll have stock of FE cards or you enter a rabbit hole of scripts + twitter + discord + telegram notifications to enter the russian roulette of snatching an ultra rare MSRP deal.

And you need to be lucky enough to live in a country where these deals are attainable.
In the case of Nvidia 3000 series, I have virtually no means of getting a RTX 3000 at MSRP in my country.

The only thing you found was Best Buy showing a list of unavailable FE cards at MSRP.

The only thing you found was Best Buy showing a list of unavailable FE cards at MSRP.
Agreed though my response was to a remark that BestBuy price gouging was across the board but seems more so with AMD cards whether in stock or out of stock. Stock is updated daily and though chances are still slim on securing a purchase the indicated price should be what the retailer is selling the product when in stock.

Agreed though my response was to a remark that BestBuy price gouging was across the board but seems more so with AMD cards whether in stock or out of stock. Stock is updated daily and though chances are still slim on securing a purchase the indicated price should be what the retailer is selling the product when in stock.

I'm not so sure about that? Here's a listing of Radeon RX 6800 XT and NV RTX 3080

2 6800 XT SKUs at MSRP and 1 3080 SKU at MSRP. The rest are either higher priced OC cards or scalping priced cards from both chip providers.

Seems pretty much the same to me. The only difference is the 3080 isn't as jacked up on the price as the 6800 XT. But if we throw in the 3080 Ti, it's gets jacked up in price similar to the 6800 XT.

So, I'd say that scalping is roughly similar on Best Buy regardless of whether it's AMD or NV.

Regards,
SB

Nice to see in some places they are back to MSRP. Hopefully in my country it will be back to MSRP soon.

Currently 3060 3070 3080 are around 2-3x MSRP. Down from 3-5x MSRP

I'm not so sure about that? Here's a listing of Radeon RX 6800 XT and NV RTX 3080

2 6800 XT SKUs at MSRP and 1 3080 SKU at MSRP. The rest are either higher priced OC cards or scalping priced cards from both chip providers.

Seems pretty much the same to me. The only difference is the 3080 isn't as jacked up on the price as the 6800 XT. But if we throw in the 3080 Ti, it's gets jacked up in price similar to the 6800 XT.

So, I'd say that scalping is roughly similar on Best Buy regardless of whether it's AMD or NV.

Regards,
SB
I made one switch to your search by checking the box saying, "Exclude out of stock", and the results were a little less happy:

upload_2021-8-7_23-22-52.png

I made one switch to your search by checking the box saying, "Exclude out of stock", and the results were a little less happy:

View attachment 5780

Well yes. The point someone was making was that NV had MSRP cards there while AMD didn't. The evidence was the out of stock listings for NV cards because there were none in stock. I was just showing that it was the same for AMD as it was for NV.

Any card priced at MSRP will sell out almost instantly. If there were any NV cards in stock, it's highly likely that they also would be highly overpriced. The only reason there are AMD cards in stock is that people aren't as willing to pay that high a price for an AMD card as they are for a NV card.

Regards,
SB

NVIDIA Announces RTX A2000 Video Card: Low Profile & Low Power for ProViz (anandtech.com)
August 10, 2021
Despite the fact that NVIDIA has been shipping ray tracing-capable hardware for almost 3 years now, the company has never previously released a mid-range ProViz card with that kind functionality – the previous-generation Quadro RTX stack stopped at the RTX 4000, and below that, everything has remained RT-free. And though this is ultimately based on the fact that NVIDIA only put RT hardware in their higher-end Turing GPUs, the end result is the same: this is NVIDIA's first RT-capable mid-range pro card.

Fittingly, it’s also the first RTX card released by NVIDIA that’s available in a low-profile design. Thanks to NVIDIA significantly turning down the GA106 GPU’s clockspeeds, the RTX A2000 has a TDP of just 70 watts. This keeps the heat generated by the card low enough that it can be cooled by a dual-slot low-profile cooler – making it suitable for use in true small form factor workstations – albeit at the cost of capping the card’s overall performance.

Digging down into the specifications, what we find is a GA106-based video card with a few SMs disabled and a relatively low boost clockspeed of just 1200MHz. On paper, this gives the card roughly 8 TFLOPS of single precision (FP32) graphics and compute performance. Or, tapping into the card’s 104 tensor cores, it can wring out almost 64 TFLOPS of performance with tensor operations.

This is backed by 6GB of GDDR6 memory, sitting on top of a 192-bit memory bus. Like the GPU clockspeed, NVIDIA is keeping the memory clockspeed on the low side as well (presumably again for power reasons), resulting in a memory clockspeed of 12Gbps. Thankfully, the wider memory bus offsets this somewhat, putting the final memory bandwidth at a respectable 288GB/second. Meanwhile, as this is a ProViz card, like the rest of the RTX A series the A2000 offers optional ECC memory support in the form of soft ECC.
October availability and priced at $450.

My understanding is that Best Buy's listed prices are MSRP as set for that specific model. AiB themselves have MSRPs for their specific models above that of the "reference" for Nvidia and AMD. This was an issue prior to the mining demand inflation as well.

Back