NVIDIA Maxwell Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Architecture and Products' started by Arun, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. lanek

Veteran

Honestly, there figure seems a bit strange to me in some cases... It seems their technic on the paper is good, but again honestly.. i dont know.

Its not really a website who have a reputation on hardware test, ( in fact it is not an hardware review site, even if time to time they have some review ) they are more on general consumers products test, TV, monitors, speakers, sound system... But interessant none the less.

#3641 lanek, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  2. pharma

Veteran Regular

Influence of ASIC Quality on Max Boost Clock - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Reference

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=3946

3. silent_guy

Veteran Subscriber

I like that they're gathering extensive data, but I don't understand their worry: the whole point about overclocking is that it's a silicon lottery...

homerdog, BRiT, Razor1 and 2 others like this.
  4. pharma

Veteran Regular

Quadro SLI Certification for MSI X99A Workstation motherboard

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/quadro-sli-cetification-for-msi-x99a-workstation-motherboard.html

5. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

6. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year

Lol where do I go to get my check?

7. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

8. McHuj

Veteran Regular Subscriber

Nice. I look at it as a rebate on the 1070 I just bought.

I bet a tiny percentage of people actually redeem these so it probably won't be that much money.

9. CSI PC

Veteran Newcomer

It will be interesting also to see if there was a cut-off date for purchasing the 970 to qualify.
    Cheers

10. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

homerdog likes this.
  11. CSI PC

Veteran Newcomer

Yeah that is part of my thoughts as well.
    how will it affect those who purchased more recently with the discount-EOL price we have seen for the 970.
    Could be a nice bonus for those that just could not stretch to the 8GB 480 or 1060 due to financial constraints.

But I can see legal argument that it should apply to specific period as well.
    Will be interesting, and also if it is just North America.
    Cheers

12. lanek

Veteran

It wil be pretty limited on the impact ( let alone the numbers of peoples who will ge the money back ).

13. Razor1

Veteran

Well all the law suits were in the US, so yeah it will probably be limited to US. But would be interesting if other country's jurisdictions will start up with this as well.

Lanek most likely it will be everyone who signed up for the lawsuit to begin with. After the fact maybe a month or two of time the law firm will give time for people to contact them, but after that, the grace period for signing up will end. So yeah the impact can be very limited.

PS I signed up for it but am disappointed, 30 bucks isn't much, but again, the performance of the card didn't change either so, I guess its ok.

14. ToTTenTranz

It's not exclusive to the people who signed up for the lawsuit, and apparently it's not exclusive to the US either.

Amazon US is already in the process of giving 20% back to the people who bought a GTX970 and referred to the lawsuit. In reddit, there are people claiming that Amazon UK is already considering the rebate.

Maybe all of it will go unnoticed, or maybe it might hit unforeseen proportions.

I think the biggest difference here is that nvidia is admitting guilt (probably because the direction of the lawsuit was seemingly not going in their favor). This opens a whole new can of worms.

15. CarstenS

Veteran Subscriber

Is it? From what I've read at topclassactions, they are explicitly denying any wrongdoing.

From your link above:
    "Nvidia denied all allegations of wrongdoing, and both parties entered into the settlement and agreed upon the terms, believing them to be in the best interests of all parties involved."

#3655 CarstenS, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  16. ToTTenTranz

Okay they're not admitting any guilt.
    They're giving money to customers out of all those denied allegations of wrongdoing.

I'm aware that the company did not (would never) openly admit any kind of guilt in a court of law, but the fact that they're apparently giving money to GTX970 owners sends a very clear message out there.

17. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

They're not admitting guilt and settled on giving money to people so they wouldn't HAVE TO admit guilt in court in the end

CarstenS likes this.
  18. ToTTenTranz

Yes, as I wrote above, not in court. But to the rest of the world..

19. Kaotik

Kaotik Drunk Member
    Legend

It's smaller audience that actually realizes that, compared to if it was court ordered

20. Razor1

Veteran

Once its settled that's it, there is no more anyone can do to touch nV for the 970 incident (now they can go to court and try to do it with another law firm (the current one that got the settlement most likely will not be able to do it again, nor will other law firms pick it up because the court will see nV has been trying to settle the matter, so it becomes much harder to win a case now). Now Amazon's thing is Amazon's own doing, that has nothing to do with nV.

Also the settling of the matter, will happen in all jurisdictions across US. So other people in other countries can still sue if they want.....