NVIDIA and INTEL a winning combination....

AlphaWolf said:
Bjorn said:
I don't understand, why would Intel want to use something as unstable and unreliable as cards using Nvidias bridge chip when launching their PCI Express platform ? :)

Well they are using them for testing, might as well test the worst case. ;)

Testing and:

software development kits, channel seed units, technical solutions training, and for demonstration systems.

Evildeus said:
Well, it sure is a surprise to see Intel working with Nvidia rather than Ati. Of course, Ati is a competitor on Intel chipset, so perhaps it is the reason. But it sure is weird to use HSI and not native PCI-E's GPU.

Here the official statement:
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12812

I doubt that it has anything to do with Ati being a competitor in the chipset market. Afterall, Nvidia is doing the best chipsets for Intels main competitor.

But it is a bit weird that they don't use a native PCI-E GPU. Perhaps it's a availability issue. Nvidia shouldn't have a problem with that. They must have shitloads of FX chips that nobody wants to buy :)

Just curious. Why do you think Intel is not doing same thing with ATI but none of them decided they needed a press release ?

Afterall intel demonstrated pci-e with ati cards since Q3/03?

PatrickL said:
Just curious. Why do you think Intel is not doing same thing with ATI but none of them decided they needed a press release ?

Are you sure it's Intel or is it Ati?

Evildeus said:
PatrickL said:

Are you sure it's Intel or is it Ati?

ATI Technologies Inc.* is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative 3-D graphics and digital media silicon solutions. ATI* is fully committed to PCI Express* and will provide a full suite of products shipping in 2004, to address all our customers' performance and cost requirements. ATI* worked with Intel to demonstrate the world's first PCI Express* visual processor at Fall IDF 2003.

found here

Yes i know, my question was not clear enough. Is it Intel using Ati's solution to demonstrate PCI-E or is it Ati demonstrating their PCI-E with the help of Intel (which is a given)?

I was refering to this PR

Back