NPD March 2011

460k divided by 31 = ~14.8k per day. 400k divided by 4 = ~100k per day. I'd say that is handily outselling the DS during the first 4 days it was tracked for March.

7 days. The NPD period was until April 2. And selling more per day seems kinda sad compared to what you'd expect from a launch.

There has been no buzz around the 3DS launch compared to previous launches, I don't know if this is because of a lack of consumer interest or a lack of marketing on Nintendo's part, but I doubt anyone at nintendo is excited about the way the 3DS is going atm.

7 days. The NPD period was until April 2. And selling more per day seems kinda sad compared to what you'd expect from a launch.

There has been no buzz around the 3DS launch compared to previous launches, I don't know if this is because of a lack of consumer interest or a lack of marketing on Nintendo's part, but I doubt anyone at nintendo is excited about the way the 3DS is going atm.

This is exactly how it was back when the ds launched. All the hype was for the psp. Nothing ever changes but watch as the big nintendo games start hitting one by one

This is exactly how it was back when the ds launched. All the hype was for the psp. Nothing ever changes but watch as the big nintendo games start hitting one by one

While I don't completely disagree with what you are saying Nintendos shipment number certainly suggests they had higher hopes for the 3DS and I'm pretty sure at the earnings call they will stating that.

I bought the black one for my son along with street fighter then a couple weeks ago I bought ghost recon and EDIT: Samurai warriors. The device is not bad but like the WinPhone7 when asked by friends and family my current recommendation is "hold off". Personally, I HATE the separate wi-fi configs for 3DS and DS mode especially since my 3DS CAN connect to my setup but the "DS" can't...

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't completely disagree with what you are saying Nintendos shipment number certainly suggests they had higher hopes for the 3DS and I'm pretty sure at the earnings call they will stating that.

I bought the black one for my son along with street fighter then a couple weeks ago I bought ghost recon and dynasty(?) warriors. The device is not bad but like the WinPhone7 when asked by friends and family my current recommendation is "hold off". Personally, I HATE the separate wi-fi configs for 3DS and DS mode especially since my 3DS CAN connect to my setup but the "DS" can't...

A little off topic but was it Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors? I ask because I'm about to order a 3DS but only see Samurai Warriors which while good isn't as cool as Dynasty Warriors which I far prefer. :D

And is it in 3D or just 2D?

Regards,
SB

Nintendo missed their forecasted shipment numbers for the 3DS so their sold-through numbers have to be "really" off as well. I honestly cannot recall, when the DS launched, if they hit or missed that forecast.

You can find numbers: here

Neogaf has worked out a estimate of PS3 NPD sales for March (from Nintendo investor relations chart sales graph): 365k. Could be off a bit apparently but it's the most accurate PS3 estimate yet.

Sad nobody is leaking the PS3 number.

Microsoft earnings

Slide 13 of the powerpoint

"Kinect continues strong launch momentum, 2.4M sensors sold in Q3"

"360...up79% to 2.7M, new Q3 record"

"60% YoY increase" GAAP

Last edited by a moderator:
Back