Nobody watch Knight Rider?

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
I take it nobody watched the Knight Rider pilot movie Sunday night? Got excellent ratings, but some vocal but bad reviews. Hey, I loved it. I thought the Mustang was kick ass! Yes, it could have been a little better, but I think they have a great start to what I hope is an excellent series for this fall. Man, oh man, I'm a giddy as a school girl. This is the year of the "Knight". My two favorites in one year, Batman and Knight Rider. Can't wait! :D

Watch it online at...

http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/video/episodes.shtml

Home page at http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider

Tommy McClain

Wrong car completely.

At least the old Firebird at least looked sporty.

No one is going to suspended disbelief and believe a Mustang is going to do 300 mph.

Knight Rider without the Hoff as the leading character? Sacrilege!

Does Val Kilmer manage to make the new KITT sound as fruity as the old one? :smile:

No one is going to believe any car will do 300mph (480kmph).
At least, not for very long, and only if it looks a bit like this
thrust.large.jpg

Well, it's pretty nicely done, BUT damn the way they handled the plot sucked badly. The baddies just happen to be at the same place at the same time without any hint where they might be going (600miles away from they were). And it wasn't the only one like that.

It's no re-imaging like Galactica but it's no Flash Gordon either. And that may be the worst thing as it's not really good enough to stand on it's own, but it's not campy bad enough either. Well, time will tell how it goes from here.

No thats a funny car (which doesnt really classy as a car as its 4 wheels and a engine with a driver strapped in that cant even make a corner) with a plastic body with a mustang sticker.

I take it nobody watched the Knight Rider pilot movie Sunday night? Got excellent ratings, but some vocal but bad reviews. Hey, I loved it. I thought the Mustang was kick ass! Yes, it could have been a little better, but I think they have a great start to what I hope is an excellent series for this fall. Man, oh man, I'm a giddy as a school girl. This is the year of the "Knight". My two favorites in one year, Batman and Knight Rider. Can't wait! :D

Watch it online at...

http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/video/episodes.shtml

Home page at http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider

Tommy McClain

It was ok, a 2/5. What I want to know is if the
car is going to break in front of every villain car from now on as it doesn't take a hit at all[end_spoiler].

Edit: that would suck and be boring. :)

Air Wolf remade would be so much better!

This mustang will do over 300mph, and it gets there in about 4 seconds.

It won't even do 1MPH. It doesn't even have anything underneath the plastic body...

EEEK! I'm on the same wavelength as Digi. ACK! :runaway:

The movie was terrible.

1. How can anyone be so stupid to actually think "Oh hey, there's a Mustang over there. Oh wait, it's silver and not black. That's not the car we're looking for."
2. If the car could go 300mph, why did it pick to go onto a mountain road to get away from a SUV? Go onto the highway and speed away.
3. It's a mustang.
4. No use of KITT's ejection seat.
5. No use of KITT's lasers.
6. No use of KITT's grappling hook system.
7. No use of KITT's oil slick and smoke screen system.
8. No use of KITT's two wheel ski mode.
9. No use of KITT's sleeping gas.
10. No use of KITT's flamethrower.

My List...

1. New Kitt is a mustang? WTF...
2. No TURBOBOOST (I can see saving some of the more obscure features for the series, but c'mon seriously no turboboost?)
3. The nanites are pretty cool but KITT seems defenseless when the computer is shut down? Original KITT had the molecular bonded shell. Didn't need a computer to keep from getting damaged, I don't see how this is an improvement...
4. The double wing and aerodynamic effects during the "Super Pursuit Mode" was pretty freakin weak.
5. No Surveillance Mode (Keep your sensors' peeled...)
6. They call out original KITTs hydrogen fuel saying "What if you're stuck in po-dunk... and they don't have hydrogen" but they neglect to mention original KITT could run on regular gasoline as well...
7. The cargo plane as the FLAG mobile unit was a bit much... too much like Team Knight Rider and we all know how great of a show that was...
8. So the arch nemesis is some company trying to make money? Where's the KARR? Where's the Goliath/Garth Knight?
9. During the Hoff's cameo they should have either had original KITT there as he left or at least had original KITT speak through the Comm Link (wristwatch).
10. New Kitt is a mustang? WTF...

I guess I'm in the minority. LOL I won't go into all the answers to your problems with the show, but I will say that they have explained rather well why made they changed to the Mustang and why there wasn't Turbo Boost in THIS movie(they leave it open for the possible series return.) I'm satisfied with the changes and the all the potential that they allowed for if and when it goes to the series. Check out Knight Rider Online if you're open minded enough to want to know the answers.

Tommy McClain

Back