No more FX reviews.

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by 2senile, Sep 17, 2003.

1. dream caster

Newcomer

Well I've read many times this thought from Napoleon: Never attribute to malice what may be explained by incompetence, but that does not change the aspects of this issue I spoke about in my preceding post; and, certainly, in many traditions malice and lack of inteligence and insight are seen as different aspects of the same mistake.

2. RussSchultz

RussSchultz Professional Malcontent
    Veteran

Knowing what I know about you, I would not like to do business with you because you're judgemental and act before you think.

I don't condone or support what NVIDIA did. This entire discussion was over whether or not, as I believe Gkar was suggesting, NVIDIA purposefully chose to make a bad product.

But, if I need to screech like a monkey and toss feces at NVIDIA to be acceptable to you, I'd rather keep my hands free of poop than be in your good graces.

3. Crusher

Crusher Aptitudinal Constituent
    Regular

And the winner is...

Miss Understanding!

4. 3dilettante

Legend Alpha

I find it hard to believe that Nvidia is a company that has grown decadent after what seems a little more than a year of being at the top.

I still think that there are still conscious people in Nvidia HQ, so I can't give credence to the idea that a company that managed to get to where it was is now totally bureaucraticaly overladen and mindless.

Let's just assume for a moment that there are people in Nvidia who are:
    1) Not under the influence
    2) Don't buy their hype
    3) Have a more in-depth understanding of the company's situation than we do

My question is: What keeps these people up at night?

The decisions made weren't made in a vacuum, so what factors are we missing?

What wierdness is going to come to light a few years from now?

5. dream caster

Newcomer

I mean not to speak any more about Nvidia, but I feel ashamed because really I think I am as you said and I feel bad about implying bad things about you when trying to show the most extreme consequences of your words. I beg your pardon.