Nintendo Switch Event 2017-01-12 and Switch Launch discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the feeling of the owners /early adopters of the device?
As the dust settles I wonder which part of the design will "stick" with people. I see three main "catching" points:
PS360-WiiU level of gaming on the go
Multiplayer on the Go or everywhere
Home console

Cleary I would think the last usage is the least relevant, for WiiU owners the system bring really few. Now for people that have passed on Nintendo products for a while I wonder how attractive the product will be. I'm neither convinced that a revival of the Wii but on the go could happen. I remain pessimistic, it would not surpise me if the system goes from boom to bust fast as the price (systems and games) does not match its utility as I see it.

The thread is not super active that is sure.

Last edited:
As the dust settles I wonder which part of the design will "stick" with people. I see three main "catching" points:
Home console

Cleary I would think the last usage is the least relevant, for WiiU owners the system bring really few. Now for people that have passed on Nintendo products for a while I wonder how attractive the product will be. I'm neither convinced that a revival of the Wii but on the go could happen. I remain pessimistic, it would not surpise me if the system goes from boom to bust fast as the price (systems and games) does not match its utility as I see it.

I'm enjoying mine quite a bit. The portability is great, especially the tabletop mode. I went to a restaurant a few days ago and had it in tabletop mode while waiting for our food, and I had more than 1 waiter ask if that was a switch and how they wanted one.

I heard 1, 2, switch should contain less than half its games as they share the same gameplay and should come with the console to demonstrate its features...
There are a number of people playing Zelda on their Switch at the office and they are all happy with... well not sure it's the console and/or the game ^^

I heard 1, 2, switch should contain less than half its games as they share the same gameplay and should come with the console to demonstrate its features... There are a number of people playing Zelda on their Switch at the office and they are all happy with... well not sure it's the console and/or the game ^^

The Switch is an interesting console. I think the highest compliment I can pay it is that it doesn't get in the way of playing games. You could describe the interface as barebones or streamlined. For somebody who views a console UI as a means to an end, I lean toward the latter.

Zelda is pretty good. For me, it would probably have more impact it more if I wasn't sandwiched between Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect Andromeda. I am looking forward to returning to it but equally I feel like I should save it for when I'm next away. I have returned to World of Goo, though.

Seems incredibly short sighted that a mobile device doesn't allow this as it's more prone to accident. Especially in this day and age.

Home console

I love the ability to play mine anywhere. I have played portably lying on my couch a lot more often than I thought I would. I assumed prior to owning it that I would play on my TV whenever playing at home, but there is a certain relaxed feeling to lounging on the couch with my ear buds in exploring the world of Hyrule. A step up from Wii U in terms of performance, and entirely mobile. The build quality of the Switch is also very nice.

The ability to play on the TV is the icing on the cake, and not the meat and potatoes. Its an added feature that shouldn't be dismissed. A lot of people still want to play local multi player in games like Mario Kart 8 and Fifa on their big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back