Ninja Theory hints at next project

I wonder how many defections of core people there were after HS? Not that this is abnormal but iirc nAo and DeanoC have moved on to other projects (feel free to correct me on this point). It would be cool someday if some internal guys did some writing on the ever shifting face of developmental teams and how it impacts development (good and bad).

I too am curious what kind of changes NT went through after HS, including their relationship with Sony.

Anyway, HS showed some great game design and presentation (in addition to obvious technical achievements) but I always felt a lack of experience in the whole picture.

Hopefully that won't be the case for their next game.

HS 1 with some form of onimusha-style weapon development system, an area battle survival mode mini-game (to gain points to use to develop your weapons etc..) & unlockable extras upon completion (a la DMC, e.g. new costumes, playable characters, weapons etc..) to increase replayability & the game would have killed it in the reviews..

Agree with most of that list but online features are a must in this day and age. Maybe online modes would have been the way to provide replayability.

I hope the God of War 3 people are thinking in those terms too. They've now put out 3 very well-reviewed games but they've all been single-player!

It should be possible to integrate multiplayer gameplay within the framework of "cinematic" or immersive storytelling. Or at least you hope the designers aspire to similar goals.

Point taken DeanA. Don't worry, I still look forward to NT's next title. I'm just a little disappointed that I won't see Kai in the foreseeable future.
What why? Way to make huge assumptions and presume they're fact. We have little knowledge of their next project.

Agree with most of that list but online features are a must in this day and age. Maybe online modes would have been the way to provide replayability.

I hope the God of War 3 people are thinking in those terms too. They've now put out 3 very well-reviewed games but they've all been single-player!

It should be possible to integrate multiplayer gameplay within the framework of "cinematic" or immersive storytelling. Or at least you hope the designers aspire to similar goals.

Doesn't need online at all. Go play DMC4 - now that's replayability.

What why? Way to make huge assumptions and presume they're fact. We have little knowledge of their next project.

Yes, I assumed that since HS is a Sony IP, and if NT wants to go cross-platform for their next game, then the HS cast is off-limit. Would be happy to be proven wrong though.

You completely lose it all with adding mulit-player to games like that. Maybe, maybe something with leader boards but that is stretching it. It just really urks me that people think every single game should have online just to have it. :cry:

And actually, one of the best programmers I've met in my (pretty long) career still works at NT.. Ok, so he doesn't post on forums all day (and as such is unknown to most of you), but (visibility + forum post counts) != ability.
Well said Dean.

HS was amazing in parts but NT messed up so many simple things that made it fail.Once Sony saw it score less then the remake Sigma, why would they want them?

Its very sad because that game showed talent all over:(

Would you care to enumerate the things Ninja Theory "messed up" in Heavenly Sword?

Yes, I assumed that since HS is a Sony IP, and if NT wants to go cross-platform for their next game, then the HS cast is off-limit. Would be happy to be proven wrong though.

They're going cross-platform for their next game? What? We don't even know that. There's far too many if's in what you're saying.

Please tell :p

Haha this is the Ninja forum. Mostly things at Play.com Live - like Grid, Bourne Conspiracy, Lego Indiana, Echochrome, Buzz PS3, Far Cry 2, Rainbow Six 2, Kung Fu Panda, De Blob, Soul Calibur 4 and Haze. Some i can't talk about for fear of being shot :)

Oh and good luck NT - I like the vision you have for videogames :smile:

Haha this is the Ninja forum. Mostly things at Play.com Live - like Grid, Bourne Conspiracy, Lego Indiana, Echochrome, Buzz PS3, Far Cry 2, Rainbow Six 2, Kung Fu Panda, De Blob, Soul Calibur 4 and Haze. Some i can't talk about for fear of being shot :)

Ooooooooooooooh, Buzz PS3! So looking forward to that one!

EDIT: notice that some people have left impressions on the play.com product page for the games

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/3475814/Buzz-Quiz-TV/Product.html

Tell me or I will shoot you :LOL:

Nevermind. If I wasn't read fairly the first time I won't be the second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back