JAM -> Ninja Theory

Deano Calver

Newcomer
Just Add Monsters became Ninja Theory the other day due to the 'fun' caused by Argonaut's problems. http://www.ninjatheory.com/

Good news is that about from a couple of weeks thinking we were out of jobs, nothing much at changed at the grass root levels.

Heavenly sword continues as before. Actually things have changed (as they always do in games development) but almost everything of interest is NDA'ed...

I've been working on lots of the underlaying systems, nothing 'sexy' or that exciting. Its all important stuff, but how many people will be interesting in hearing about a C++ reflection system and data publishing framework with XML serialization.

Anybody still awake?

Wil (Another programmer at Ninja Theory) has been doing some cool particles stuff, we all want to do so bizarre abstract shooter with it. Particles just look so nice swirling and animating... Some great effects are achieved via functional approximation tables, get some really complex motions with little cost.

Outside work, the only graphics things I done recently is some work on a surface extractor, an old employee of JAM (Simon Brown) did some work on a mesh framework called MeshTools (www.sjbrown.co.uk). I've been doing a few bits in my spare time to make it into an actual normal map/surface extractor. Still lots to do but its keeping me busy, that and my indie game I'm currently working on.

Back