Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3 Vs. Xbox HD comparision

It is likely they do not have a devkit with which to take direct-feed footage; to get a good comparison they would need to play the same areas as the released PS3 direct feed footage.

A better comparison would have been 480p on the Xbox. On the Xbox 360, the emulation is far from perfect and suffers from framerate problems. Backward compatible games originally rendered at 480p are only scaled to 720p output too. They are still rendered at 480p and have 4xAA applied to fit within the eDRAM (generally).

Last edited by a moderator:
ng2 will bring a tear or two. :D

You mean NG2 won't have V-Sync enabled ? :D

LOL at the original premise of the comparison, though. Who would have thought the PS3 would be able to produce better graphics than the XBox 1 ?

On the Xbox 360, the emulation is far from perfect and suffers from framerate problems.

Weren't those framerate problems fixed with a later BC update ?

I think they were just trying to illustrate it wasn't a regular port up like some people seem were saying (no one here I don't think). Not exactly prove that the PS3 version would look better than the x-box version, which was expected regardless.

Anyways, Looking forward to that demo in about 3 weeks. :)

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10182

Not sure why they used 480i from the Xbox version and then upscaled it from there when they could have just used 720p BC on the 360 for better quality. But the difference is definitely clear regardless. I can not wait for this game. :)

Quite strange comparision if you take into account that it is 480i and that it wasn't run in BC on the xbox360.

I am under the impression that using BC on Xbox360 would still just be upscaling a 480 image, albeit a 480p instead of a 480i image. While that might have been interesting, I think it would be more interesting to see how this game runs at 1080p on the PS3 instead.

Yeah, the 360s just upscale BC games, but I am curous as to why they didn't go with a straight progressive output since they obvious can do so as they have done with vidoes Oblivion and such. Akso, isn't Sigma supposed to be a 720p title? I haven't heard anything about them shooting for 1080p.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/775/775292p1.html
From a technical aspect, Ninja Gaiden Sigma looks about as sharp as we figure games can get. Every texture in the game has been reworked for the PlayStation 3, and a number of other effects have been added to spice things up, like self-shadowing and so forth. Some creatures now shine with ooze, while others emit clouds of something as they scurry about the battlefield. Tecmo said that it has just recently managed to implement full 1080p support into the game, and at a full 60fps to boot. Yes, this is one slick-looking title.

A large step up, but that is to be expected from a new gen. Doesn't seem to be enough of a difference to make me want to buy it again though...

I've seen scans from the magazine "Play"

and it looks quite good!

although the scans I saw didn't have a lot of enemies on screen at once.

but it doesn't look rehashed to me... it still screams quality :)

although the scans I saw didn't have a lot of enemies on screen at once.

NG didn't have lots of enemies (at least not HS or Kameo scale), and I agree it looks really nice.

I'd have to say, (may seem strange to others) but this is one game that I would get a PS3 for, NG Black in compat mode just doesn't cut it anymore and I have a bad feeling NG2 will be on the back burner for DOA5 and is years off.

NG didn't have lots of enemies (at least not HS or Kameo scale), and I agree it looks really nice.

I'd have to say, (may seem strange to others) but this is one game that I would get a PS3 for, NG Black in compat mode just doesn't cut it anymore and I have a bad feeling NG2 will be on the back burner for DOA5 and is years off.

Why would you think ng2 would be on the back burner? Itagaki is and has been working on it while his protoge has been working on Sigma. And FWIR, DOA has never had a sequel in the same gen, just "ultimate" etc editions.

Why would you think ng2 would be on the back burner? Itagaki is and has been working on it while his protoge has been working on Sigma. And FWIR, DOA has never had a sequel in the same gen, just "ultimate" etc editions.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70194

I don't really know, but I've never seen Itagaki straight out confirm that he was working on NG2. I just saw this after DOAX2 shipped.

So I presumed, I'll be very happy to be wrong!

2 and 3 were same gen weren't they? 2 was on PS2 and 3 on Xbox, but it was still the same generation.

Back