Nhl 09

What the goalies are suppose to do better is to do the splits less frequently, because when they did the splits, it was an easy goal.

Online anyways, there are like 10 penalties a game per team. You don't even have to try to check or hit players off the puck. Any slightest contact is called Interference.

It's good to see more penalties but they probably went too far to the other extreme.

Overall, I still enjoy the OTP games but they weakened the shots too much or made the shots too off-target.

I'm talking about almost wide open net and you miss completely just like 10 feet from the crease. There have even been situations where they pull the goalie and you miss the net.

Or a lot more pucks bouncing off the post and the shooter is on top of the crease.

The goalie seems to be weaker at handling shots. I've seen more shots hit the goalies glove or blocker go in that I'd ever seen before the patch. To compensate, they probably lowered shot accuracy, especially in close to the net or at wide angles. I think shooting accuracy may be more important than it had been before.

I also noticed deflections have changed. It seemed that before you could get deflection goals off point shots fairly easily if you positioned yourself correctly, even with a very low deflection stat. Now you seem to get more deflections, but if your stat is low they will either deflect right into the goalie or they'll deflect away from the net. I'm assuming that a higher deflection stat will be more useful to keep the deflections on net.

I may be wrong, but the poke check also seemed less effective for sweeping the puck off the opposing players stick. I think you have to take the body more, or use the stick lift, but have to be really careful about penalties. Playing defence seems to be more difficult. I'll see when I play more tonight.

My EASHL team was expecting to go up in the rankings quickly after the patch, because we weren't a juiced team and we move the puck around, but I had a feeling the patch would be the opposite. Turns out I was right, at least so far. The types of goals we scored and the style of defense we played seemed to have been crippled by the patch. We scored a lot of goals tight around the net, and off point shots and deflections. We need to get back to throwing shots on net from the slot and keeping a man near the hash marks for one-timers, rather than at the goalies feet.

Oh, and some of the real good teams are back, the ones that quit playing when the 99 glitch became known and abused, and they're absolutely demolishing teams. We played against the rank 3 team, I can't remember the name, and we were 4 goals down half way through the first period. One of our teammates seems to have a penalty problem, but it would have been bad no matter what.

Back