Nforce 4

pax

Newcomer
Any idea on retail availability of this chipset\mobo? I cant seem to dig much out on the web. Im itching on an upgrade with the canadian loony at its current high mark... :)

Dang better be soon the loony's about to hit 90 cents but itll likely stay there only a week tops... :oops:

i hope its soon, i think i need to upgrade my computer soon than i thought... and it better be in time for me to take back my AGP 6800GT and get a PCI-E one instead ;)

Dude in T.O. got himself an fx 55 for 1000$! Thats cheap! Im only getting me the 3000 or 3200 .90 and will run it at 2.5-6. He got his fx55 to 2.8 no added cooling... Those chips are great...

And man Joint Ops could sure use an upgrade...

pax said:
Dude in T.O. got himself an fx 55 for 1000$! Thats cheap! Im only getting me the 3000 or 3200 .90 and will run it at 2.5-6. He got his fx55 to 2.8 no added cooling... Those chips are great...

And man Joint Ops could sure use an upgrade...

yeah I'm planning on an nForce4 SLI board with a 3000+ .90 and OCing the heck out of it.

pax said:
Dang better be soon the loony's about to hit 90 cents but itll likely stay there only a week tops... :oops:

Just stock up on $US when it hits 90c and wait till the boards come out. It's not like cash gets stale ;)

Good point think Ill actually do that and just buy the money order as Im ordering from the states (canuckian prices are not generally as good as us prices with the new exchange rates except for some local stores in T.O. apparently hhe)... So used to using my cc Ive gotten mentally lazy.

LOL I wonder what the pc gods think of your stock holdings there sage ;)

pax said:
Good point think Ill actually do that and just buy the money order as Im ordering from the states (canuckian prices are not generally as good as us prices with the new exchange rates except for some local stores in T.O. apparently hhe)... So used to using my cc Ive gotten mentally lazy.

LOL I wonder what the pc gods think of your stock holdings there sage ;)

hey, I'm making money from aapl and spending it on PC's... what's not to like!?

pax said:
Any idea on retail availability of this chipset\mobo? I cant seem to dig much out on the web. Im itching on an upgrade with the canadian loony at its current high mark... :)

I pre-ordered a MSI Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra board and have just received a supply date of 15th November.

HTH

P69

WOOHOO! now what about a date on those PCI-E 6800's???

edit:
btw where the heck did you order it from/. cant find them anywhere. and how much?

SWEET!...

Dang was sure I saw pci-e 6800 for sale at zipzoomfly... Ill double check that... As usually MSI beats everyone to the punch hhe...

Phantom69 said:
Sage said:
WOOHOO! now what about a date on those PCI-E 6800's???

edit:
btw where the heck did you order it from/. cant find them anywhere. and how much?

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/components/motherboardsandaccessories/productView.htm?quicklinx=3JM5

Once I know it's definitely dispatched I'll order a PCI-e X800XT (they same to be much easier to get hold of!).

UK website

HTH

P69

right, but X800's cant do vertex shader texture reads and I already am playing a game that makes use of it for 3d water simulation :D

and fUcK me it is AWESOME

Back