Next-Gen Article: "Comment: Sony's Real War Begins"

Have the God of War guys said they were working on a PS3 title already?

I thought GoW2 was going to be PS2, not PS3?

wco81 said:
Have the God of War guys said they were working on a PS3 title already?

I thought GoW2 was going to be PS2, not PS3?

No they haven't. But even if it was for the PS2 that would support the theory that it's the Playstation Festival even more. The Playstation Festival is for the PS3, PS2, PSP, and everything Playstation related.

london-boy said:
Considering they revealed "something" at the last E3, round the time the G70 was revealed, i guess they can just keep this up and finally announce the final PS3 platform round the time G91 is revealed.

Cool! insider info l-b? RSX related to G91 - 2 generations ahead of time! go on spill the beans, how many SPE's will it incorporate? :D

So is this Destination Playstation the same thing as this Playstation Conference we have been waiting for after all or...

Improbable. Destination Playstation is a trade event. The anticipated February event is PS3's official unveiling, which is supposed to be something special or different; some sort of surprise. We're expecting more tech details, playable games, and/or pricing announcements (assuming it goes ahead a planned)

Belmontvedere said:
I'm still hoping their will be a clock speed increase for RSX...with G71 being >700MHz, 550MHz seems so unremarkable for RSX....

I don't think you should be disappointed. It'd be unrealistic in this day and age to expect the same performance from a mass produced console part as a low availability, power hungry PC part. Consoles have always been about compromises.

Belmontvedere said:
I'm still hoping their will be a clock speed increase for RSX...with G71 being >700MHz, 550MHz seems so unremarkable for RSX....

I don't think having just 10,000 consoles at launch is in Sonys best interest...

Platon said:
I don't think having just 10,000 consoles at launch is in Sonys best interest...

of course not, but having a more powerful PS3 is in MY best interest, and that's really all I'm concerned with...

Back