News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Gaikai will only be available in a few places at the beginning. They should demo it on the new consumer fiber service in Japan (funded by Sony), as well as US average home to give a range of performance. I don't care about EU :runaway: :LOL:

Well from what they said it'll be Available on the PS4 in the US sometime in 2014 and eventually they'll bring it to the other countries, the PS Vita and the PS3.

Nationwide instead of select cities ? Brave people. Let's see if it's early 2014 or Dec.

Probably just progressive download first.

They used to send PS+ people to die^H^H^H beta test stuff first. Now that "everyone" will be PS+ members, they may re-signup an inner group of PS+ users for beta testing. ^_^

I just saw the white mockup PS4. If they let me buy the white PS4, I don't mind some off-duty beta testing. :devilish:

They used to send PS+ people to die^H^H^H beta test stuff first. Now that "everyone" will be PS+ members, they may re-signup an inner group of PS+ users for beta testing. ^_^

I was in GOW: Ascension closed beta which stared in December while the public one started in January.
I don't exactly remember how I got in though but if I remember well there were several ways to get into the closed beta so they already have a system in place to recruit beta testers.
Still if they need a lot of data they might just let in anyone with PS+.

Also I presume that they could choose testers based on the trophy list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dutch on-line retailer suggests 13-11-2013 as release date for the ps4 ?

http://www.bol.com/nl/p/playstation-4/1004004013539792/?Referrer=ADVNLGOO0020121396pip

Right now depends on who you ask.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592321

Tretton said they'll wait until they know how many units they can manufacture, so probably not even Sony knows the exact date, but according to what patsu has posted looks that it'll be in store before XB1.

Edit:

patsu said:
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130611PD207.html

The upstream supply chain reportedly has already started shipping orders for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) in June, and volumes may reach one million units per month by September for the year-end holidays. Meanwhile, volume shipments for Microsoft's Xbox One are expected to start in the third quarter, according to sources from the upstream supply chain.

The PS4 reportedly is manufactured by Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) and the Xbox One by Pegatron Technology ...

Right now depends on who you ask.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592321

Tretton said they'll wait until they know how many units they can manufacture, so probably not even Sony knows the exact date, but according to what patsu has posted looks that it'll be in store before XB1.

Edit:

BTW, from what I've seen most retailers list 31-12-2013 as date for the PS4 Camera suggesting it won't appear on the shelves until Q1 2014 ?

Did anyone else pre-order from Amazon? I got moved from the Standard Edition PS4 to the Launch Edition PS4, because I ordered almost as soon as the product was available.

I hope other people here got it too if you ordered from Amazon, would be great to get the box right on the same day or even a day or two early ;)

It would be a failure on their part if it's not in stores in good volumes by Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

There should be no exotic components to present a challenge to yields and manufacturing, as was the case with the PS3.

Well, maybe the DDR5 but the APU should be pretty pedestrian by now?

Yeah I expect them to try as hard as possible to get out decent quatities by Black Friday if not sooner and the same from Microsoft. If either of them misses that I think we can say yeilds are an issue.

I doubt either have informed retailers of release dates as of yet.
Unless there is a total fuckup by one of the parties both machines will likely be on shelves by thanksgiving, that could be anything from a few days before to a few weeks.

I doubt either have informed retailers of release dates as of yet.
Unless there is a total fuckup by one of the parties both machines will likely be on shelves by thanksgiving, that could be anything from a few days before to a few weeks.

In the promotion video of the playstation eye it can be seen the guy typing a message with the DS4 acting like a pointer over the virtual keyboard. Do you know if this will be a launch feature?. If so, i could get a playstation eye at launch as typing in the virtual keyboard with the d-pad is quite slow.

In the promotion video of the playstation eye it can be seen the guy typing a message with the DS4 acting like a pointer over the virtual keyboard. Do you know if this will be a launch feature?. If so, i could get a playstation eye at launch as typing in the virtual keyboard with the d-pad is quite slow.

Was it using the touchpad on it ? Swype typing would be awesome :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back