New Zelda Trailer

are they still claiming that the game looks the same on GC and Wii? it looks a tad better than what i expect GC can do.

it's a bit hard to tell because of the size of the video, but the lighting looks very good, and the shadows look to be soft edged, without the jaggies seen in many GC games with realistic shadows. plus a few other little things. nothing i wouldn't say is undoable on GC, just more than i'd expect it to do all at once.

anybody willing to enlighten me what the fuss is all about? say, how many FLOPs does this game pull, how big are the normal maps in there and what is the amount of geometry-instanced enemies on screen? a reference to a technical inteview with Aonuma boasting about those things would be welcome too. thank you.

Ok you won... I did it... I pre ordered a Wii with Zelda ^^

What took you so long?!

:p

Also, Aonuma said that the Wii version is IDENTICAL to the GC one, except with widescreen. He said to look at TP as a baseline for what Wii is capable of.

anybody willing to enlighten me what the fuss is all about? say, how many FLOPs does this game pull, how big are the normal maps in there and what is the amount of geometry-instanced enemies on screen? a reference to a technical inteview with Aonuma boasting about those things would be welcome too. thank you.

;)
How cares it looks great, and its gameplay dont requires more. Great great art.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to play one of those one day to see what all the fuss is about. I guess when the price of this game has gone down and I can find a GC I might give it a try, it does indeed look nice...

What took you so long?!

:p

Also, Aonuma said that the Wii version is IDENTICAL to the GC one, except with widescreen. He said to look at TP as a baseline for what Wii is capable of.

Hey, took me a while to figure out whether I would be able to find a Wii in a shop or if I needed to pre order to be sure to get one.

I'm not sure they will be identical, I would certainly hope not, I'd prefer a better Wii version.
(Well they won't be identical they won't have the same buttons icons anyway ;p)

I'm not sure they will be identical, I would certainly hope not, I'd prefer a better Wii version.
(Well they won't be identical they won't have the same buttons icons anyway ;p)

no no no please God NO i'm not gonna run to shop and change my GC for Wii i hope they will look identical:devilish:

no no no please God NO i'm not gonna run to shop and change my GC for Wii i hope they will look identical:devilish:

Pretty funny, but this is a serious consideration. Most console buyers who have not fallen into the hardware allegiance trap will purchase based a game's exclusivity for a particular console. Nintendo has put some in a quandry regarding one game every Nintendo fan pledges allegiance to, in that they are placing a $250 premium on how the same game (graphics and story-wise) can be played (wiimote or no). I for one had only purchased the N64 and GC to play AAA Nintendo titles so the $250 is something I am thinking twice about. :oops: :?:

It will be very interesting to see how the number of GC Zelda and Wii Zelda copies distributes. I myself have not decided on whether I want to play Zelda on GC or on Wii but am leaning towards the GC version. It's a bit ironic that as someone who is used to current gen controllers and pc+mouse combo, I am a wee bit intimidated by the wii-mote.

Pretty funny, but this is a serious consideration. Most console buyers who have not fallen into the hardware allegiance trap will purchase based a game's exclusivity for a particular console. Nintendo has put some in a quandry regarding one game every Nintendo fan pledges allegiance to, in that they are placing a $250 premium on how the same game (graphics and story-wise) can be played (wiimote or no). I for one had only purchased the N64 and GC to play AAA Nintendo titles so the $250 is something I am thinking twice about. :oops: :?:

It will be very interesting to see how the number of GC Zelda and Wii Zelda copies distributes. I myself have not decided on whether I want to play Zelda on GC or on Wii but am leaning towards the GC version. It's a bit ironic that as someone who is used to current gen controllers and pc+mouse combo, I am a wee bit intimidated by the wii-mote.

Shut up Nero! Just by a friggin wii.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4779

Back