New Unreal 2007 video

Ugh... Seriously? I recommend waiting for a higher-quality video, because that makes the game look pretty damn bad right now.

The "could be canned" physics and almost wholesale lack of lighting effects doesn't help, either.

looks cool, i love the new link gun, though im not to sure about those dual pistols.
hoverboard look lik it could be some fun.

i think the 2nd video may be old, i remember seeing it a while back with a 2nd part to it.

looks ok. The first 30 seconds or so looked more like UC2 on the 'roids (sans the melee combat). I guess the use of the same design for the shock rifle added to that as well as the dual pistols, but really... I guess I'm just getting bored of UT; I haven't touched UT2k4 since...late 2004.

ah ha...ha ha... the gui in the second vid is very similar to the original Unreal Championship. With the minigun whipped out for a half second, I thought it was UC.

Last edited by a moderator:
nintenho said:
I heard it's less twitchy this time. I can't see this working on dual anologue though.

yes, i do get the impression that the kb/mouse set up will be the better way to play this game by far

not yet for the 360 (well, you can connect a keyboard but only for text input), don't in all honesty know for the PS3...

i was referring to the pc version

rusty said:
not yet for the 360 (well, you can connect a keyboard but only for text input), don't in all honesty know for the PS3...

i was referring to the pc version

Haven't they said you'll be able to use a keyboard/mouse for the PS3 version? I sure hope so. Playing a game this fast using the PS3 controller would be ridiculous.

They better. It'll be impossible with a controller unless it's like Unreal Championship where you have a slightly inaccurate autoaim. Now that I think about it, they really should make another Unreal Championship. Unreal Tournament isn't really a console type game.

I don't think they will do the K/B mouse set up but sure hope they do. They said the PC verison would be better at regular Fragging but the PS3 should be better with vehicles. I guess time will tell.

I'm pretty sure there was a "game speed" adjuster in ut2k4, for multiplayer I think it was a server side adjuster. But UT has always been fast paced so there was a default speed for both SP and MP.

I dont see why mouse and keyboard wont be supported. PS2's UT supported it like mentioned above. Hell, even the OS of ps3 supports mouse and keyboard.

And from the old ps3 survey emailed out, something to expect from the questions asked.

# 11. Headset support in all online games?
# 12. A QWERTY keyboard as standard for messaging.
# 13. USB Keyboard support for every online title.

sony have stated that u can use keyboard + mouse with ps3
ms aint so keen for u to do this with the xb360 for obvious reasons

Back