New Tim Sweeny interview

Sure . I look foward to seeing what you say when that day never comes

So, you're saying that the PS3 can replicate what they shown in the conference. Ok I can respect that. So if or when they do, would you be willing to say that the PS3 could be the dominate console? I ask this because alot of people are saying that if Killzone is for real then they will buy a PS3 right away.
________
HONDA LIFE

Last edited by a moderator:
sure if killzone when released with the graphics of the prevendered video then I will admit I was wrong .

But that just isn't going to happen . So i look foward to seeing what you say when it doesn't happen

mckmas8808 said:
And you will feel pretty bad when you see what those guys do with the PS3. So answer my question do you think that the real Killzone, MotorStorm, and F1 games will look like what we saw in the conference.

Well the F1 game was ugly CGI, and I don't want to comment on that, as for the other too... Not going to happen. NEVER!. You should be spanked hard for being ignorant idiot.

Well the F1 game was ugly CGI, and I don't want to comment on that, as for the other too... Not going to happen. NEVER!. You should be spanked hard for being ignorant idiot

Oh I sorry that you won't like a racing game that looks like this.

ss-2.jpg

Thats a sexy screenshot and the sounds were perfect and I don't care what racing game you bring up when F1 looks like this when its release I promise you everybody will love it (at least graphically.)

Ignorant huh? Ok we'll see. I can't wait to see what you say when your wrong. I might put that sentence in my sig. when the game comes out.
________
Box Vaporizer

I have the press conference footage in high res, and I don't get too excited about it, well first of all it's CGI and those F1 games by Sony really aren't very good. Even in that CGI video the cars behave like shit.

mckmas8808, seems to be trolling lately. You're better off not paying attention to him. That was another rendered game demo.

Qroach you seem to be trolling me. Everywhere that I make a comment you have to automaticlly make the opposite. And I simply asked if they think the real game will look like the same as the one in the conference. And when it does I can see millions of people buying the PS3 for its greatness.

Also I thought I'd like to throw this in. Its part of an interview from Shane Kim Head of Mirosoft Game Studio.

Yes, it's a huge difference. Things that you saw, and I'll use another first-party title as an example, Project Gotham Racing 3, I think that gives you an indication of a visual bar that we're aspiring to. I mean, we wouldn't have shown that if we didn't believe that was absolutely reachable.

So do you think this is reachable?

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/...cle/615/615130/pgr3_trailer_051605_wmvlow.wmv
________
Buy Vaporizers

F1 game screens in full res has visible geometry edges, poor textures in places, and craploads of other problems that would indicate that even if it's CGI, it's CGI obviously made to be easy to immitate with realtime graphics. The footage certainly looked like a nice looking F1 TV broadcast, though.

Same with Motorstorm, and to an even greater degree. The screens show so many realtime lookning artifacts that I have a ahrd time believing that was CGI to being with. More like a cut scene rendered on a 6800 or something like that.

mckmas8808, the PGR3 trailer is a combination of pre-rendered graphics (mostly) and some realtime footage. Allard admitted as much.

marconelly! said:
Same with Motorstorm, and to an even greater degree. The screens show so many realtime lookning artifacts that I have a ahrd time believing that was CGI to being with. More like a cut scene rendered on a 6800 or something like that.

We've been through this enough times, right? Keep your beliefs if you wish to, but please stop spreading it like a prophet...

mckmas8808, the PGR3 trailer is a combination of pre-rendered graphics (mostly) and some realtime footage. Allard admitted as much

Well what I'm trying to say is MS is basically saying the samething about PGR3 that Sony said about Killzone but to a lesser degree. MS has their eyes on PGR3 looking like that video. And you know what I will believe them until they prove me wrong. With 200% more power (this is questionable) to go who knows what the final product will look like. Next gen gaming will be the main focus of entertainment in the years to come. :devilish:
________
Iolite Vaporizer Review

I really wish you'd stop talking that way. You're NOT going to get pre-rendered graphics quality out of the next gen consoles. If you're thinking you will your going ot be veyr dissapointed. Now will it still look fantasitc? yes, but not identicle to some CG. So please stop trying to backtrack on eveyrthing you say, just to make it sounds like you're being more resonable. You've done this in every thread so far.

We've been through this enough times, right?
Not really, you actually never replied when I asked you to take a look at the high res versions of the motor storm screenshots. Trust me, it's quite a different story than screens of Killzone, which look a whole lot more prerendered than these F1 and motorstorm screens.

Here's a link:
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614797/motorstorm-20050516073451233.jpg

Not the jagged edges everywhere, fake post processed motion blur, clipping, the shimmery textures on particles, flat-ish lighting.

Qroach, don't you think that Unreal 3 engine already offers graphics that are about as impressive as some uglier looking CGI from couple years ago? Many, *many* people would argue for example that U3 demo or Gears of War footage looked (or would look once they achieve solid framerate) more impressive than this F1 trailer for example, even though F1 could have been pre-rendered.

marconelly! said:
We've been through this enough times, right?
Not really, you actually never replied when I asked you to take a look at the high res versions of the motor storm screenshots. Trust me, it's quite a different story than screens of Killzone, which look a whole lot more prerendered than these F1 and motorstorm screens.

Trust me, I've posted enough aobut MotorStorm. Search for my posts and see. It's even more complex than Killzone, in terms of scene geometry, volumetric and fluid particle effects, lighting etc.
The fact that crappy motion blur gives rendering artifacts does not make it realtime.

I can't wait until Laa-Yosh, Qroach, jvd, and others see that the PS3 is capable of handle graphics like MotorStorm, F1, and Killzone. Do you guys think that the Unreal Engine is the only engine that can produce great looking graphics? So far it looks like there is no game will ever look better than Gears of War.

I don't understand why you guys can't even give it a possiblity that the PS3 might be able to do this. The Unreal engine didn't bring us the best looking games of this generation, so why should it next-gen. If you noticed Killzone for the PS2 is really high in the poly count for the system.

Does that fire look familar?
e3-2004-killzone-screens-200405101150663.jpg

Does this motion blur look familar?
e3-2004-killzone-screens-200405101150288.jpg

________
Sc2 Replays

mckmas8808 said:
So why is it that two other guys on LIVE TV says something and you totally ignore it? Better yet jvd can you answer this question for me? Do you think its possible for Killzone, Motorstorm, or F1 (for the PS3) to look like what we seen in the conference?

If Xbox 360 Alpha kits produced GoW running at 20~30FPS, why not? The end product will look slightly better without a doubt and if Xbox360 first gen games look better than the GoW images... :) Sure the poly count might go down a bit but I think it's possible to get the targeted visuals to a certain extent. Just don't plan on seeing every stich on a Helghast uniform, every pore on their skin or for the entire game to be scripted to a tee. :p

The difference in quality you notice between Ghost Recon 3 intro sequence, which is not a s dramatic as Killzone but looks *better*:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6045&type=wmv

and the gameplay sequence which looks just beyond this gen:

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1938/Ghost-Recon-3-E3-2005-Gameplay-Footage/

will probably be roughly the same you see between Killzone 2 cg sequence:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/...4/614854/sonycon_games_06_killzone_wmvlow.wmv

and the actual game.

The good and bad thing about Gears is that it real is a good representation of what games will generally look like and only the best teams in the world on each platform will be able to get more than that...

which in the end means that over the next five or six years each one of those teams may produce three games each per platform that will make games beyond gears of war in visual quality....

Qroach, don't you think that Unreal 3 engine already offers graphics that are about as impressive as some uglier looking CGI from couple years ago? Many, *many* people would argue for example that U3 demo or Gears of War footage looked (or would look once they achieve solid framerate) more impressive than this F1 trailer for example, even though F1 could have been pre-rendered.

I think GOW looks great, but it still doesn't compare to what has been done with CG. Even what was done a few years ago. The real question is, "Does it compare to the CG we see now?"

Sure, we've come a long way, but like I said I wouldn't expect much better then what the unreal 3 engine has produced for next gen consoles. The amount of time and effort invovled in just making something that looks close to unreal 3 (tech demo and GOW) is immense (and just the reason so many people are licensing unreal 3 tech). Anyone invloded with CG animation can tell you the real skinny on how close it is. I'm not saying you'll never see better, I'm just saying you won't see better like the night and day difference with PS2 first gen games and the most recent PS2 games. when GOW is basically a starting point.

mckmas8808 is just ignoring those that have either seen development or work on CG produced. What's funny is the CG sony showed is beyond what you can do in the unreal engine at interactive framerates IMO. and mckmas8808 is really latching onto this idea that PS3 is god and it can dio eveyrthing. This is just the reason that CG shouldn't have been showed or sony should have been more honest with what they were showing, as it creates fanatical fans like mckmas8808.

holy crap... i know that's prerendered but i actually though that was a photo for a minute

mckmas8808 said:
Oh I sorry that you won't like a racing game that looks like this.

ss-2.jpg

I've already said that if the dev of killzone admits its a representation and not actual game play then I believe him . He is the one working on it and if he says its not real time and only a representation then that is what it is .

Not only that but the guy from epic said only thier stuff and the fight night were real time (and the cell demos )

Thats two developers who say its not real time vs a suit . I'd take developers any day of the week

I think GOW looks great, but it still doesn't compare to what has been done with CG. Even what was done a few years ago. The real question is, "Does it compare to the CG we see now?"
I know what you mean, technically it doesn't perhaps, but again, I think you'd have a lot of people being impressed more with footage of GoW or H. Sword (both realtime) than that F1 trailer.

I also think we'll see engines that render stuff better and more importantly different than U3. Shaders are already there, just look at those Nvidia tech demos that had things like volumetric lighting and sss - it's up to developers to use them.

Back