New Study Finds Fidgeting Can Keep You Lean

No, what it finds is that people are genetically active or passive in their movements. Some people tend to avoid "useless" movements, those that are not "needed", whereas some people tend to be more "active" or "fidgety".
And obviously the more "active" ones tend to be slimmer, cause they naturally burn more calories than people who move as little as they can.

sytaylor said:
I get up to get a glass of water probably 10 to 15 times a day...

No they mean the "tiny little" movements when you do stuff. Like the way you walk, even the way you sit down.
An active person will burn more calories getting up to get 10 glasses of water than a "lazy" person getting up the same number of times.

RussSchultz said:
What if I drink a lot of sodas and get the jitters?
U'll get bloated from the soda.
And the soda will only feed the jitters calories needs for so long, so u might even be burning fat.

t0y said:
Does twitching the eyelids from time to time count as "fidgeting"?

Twitch them fast enough and it could. When they start swaeting u'll know u're burning fat. in your eyelids. Just be careful, you want them to close properly until you die.

london-boy said:
t0y said:

Twitch them fast enough and it could. When they start swaeting u'll know u're burning fat. in your eyelids. Just be careful, you want them to close properly until you die.
Is there a risk in having your left eye twitching all the time while the right one keeps working "normally"?
I'm afraid of getting an over-developped left eyelid making my face non-symetrical since I'm not able to twitch the right eye. :(

Girls will never look at me again!!!

london-boy said:
sytaylor said:

No they mean the "tiny little" movements when you do stuff. Like the way you walk, even the way you sit down.
An active person will burn more calories getting up to get 10 glasses of water than a "lazy" person getting up the same number of times.

Oh in that case I'm not much of a fidget... I'm like a dog that walks around in a circle a few times before sitting down. Once sat, I stay. :oops:

t0y said:
london-boy said:
t0y said:

Is there a risk in having your left eye twitching all the time while the right one keeps working "normally"?
I'm afraid of getting an over-developped left eyelid making my face non-symetrical since I'm not able to twitch the right eye. :(

Girls will never look at me again!!!

Just make sure you dont do protein shakes or steroids, or one eyelid will be all pumped up and the other still eyelid-y.

sytaylor said:
london-boy said:
sytaylor said:

Oh in that case I'm not much of a fidget... I'm like a dog that walks around in a circle a few times before sitting down. Once sat, I stay. :oops:

Lazy ass.

wow maybe that's why, in the last year, I've lost about 10 inches while doing little more than sitting around messing on the computer!

london-boy said:
No, what it finds is that people are genetically active or passive in their movements. Some people tend to avoid "useless" movements, those that are not "needed", whereas some people tend to be more "active" or "fidgety".
And obviously the more "active" ones tend to be slimmer, cause they naturally burn more calories than people who move as little as they can.
this explains why I'm thin.

*is sitting in class tapping feet quietly and typing*

Back