New Slides from ATI, X1800 Crossfire figures

Arty

KEPLER
Veteran
Not the same ones from Techpowerup, these have some new bits of information
  • Intel P4 3GHz : 12 GFlops, 5.96 GB/s
    Radeon X1800 XT : 83 GFlops, 42 GB/s
  • X1800 XT 512MB CrossFire Edition : $599
  • X1600 256MB CrossFire Edition : $299 (Required?)
  • X1800 XT CrossFire Benchmarks: 1600x1200, 8X AF, 4X AA (figures approximated)
    FarCry : 75% increase over single X1800
    Doom3 : 90% increase over single X1800
    SC:CT : 100% increase over single X1800
Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
serenity said:
Thoughts?
Far Cry - 85 -> 142 = 67% inc.
Doom3 - 43 -> 76 = 77%
SC:CT - 48 -> 90 = 88%
(numbers rounded up)

Did you get the raw numbers from somewhere and used those? Otherwise I think your approximations are a bit generous.

2. This should, again, at least serve as ammo against those who continually insist that "we don't need top of the line GPUs, or dual GPUs, because we are CPU bound." Yeah, right...

3. The scaling looks good and I consider this an either pass or fail grade. CrossFire gets a pass and now what matters is single card performance, or the actual numbers, whichever way you want to look at it. That is to say, ~2x the performance is only interesting if you know what is being multiplied by two.

EDIT: I should, of course, mention that the numbers used in part #1 are my approximations. They are not exact values I got somewhere. I simply believe my approximations to be much closer to the values in the posted graph than whatever values were used in the OP.

Link to page with graph
Link to graph used for approximations

Last edited by a moderator:
wireframe said:
Did you get the raw numbers from somewhere and used those? Otherwise I think your approximations are a bit generous.
I made my approximations from the same graph and also noted that there were "approximations". Yours are more accurate as you spent more time calculating them. Thanks for nitpicking anyway. ;)

serenity said:
I made my approximations from the same graph and also noted that there were "approximations". Yours are more accurate as you spent more time calculating them. Thanks for nitpicking anyway. ;)
I'd hardly call it a "nitpick," but you are welcome. ;)

serenity said:
I saw them and others ripping the latest 3DMark NEXT screenshot also. :|

Yeah. Most cited (including TPU), but still doesn't make that part of it smell any better.

On the substantive end --the 512mb CrossFire X1800XT deals with the cognitive dissonance I've been feeling on that.

Back