New site

Ooooh - looks so nice and polished! Well done chaps!

You know though, the front page kind of reminds me of another site...you know, one that posts news items side-by-side down the page....industry "news"....dang, whatsitcalled? Ummm....

Oh, that's right!

The Inquirer.

:p

/me runs

As for Vy, it's a good thing we all know he has a wicked sense of humour, as there apparently is a law from 1871 forbidding Frenchmen to smile for a camera. :cool:

:LOL: Actually, he reminded me of Lupin the 3rd. Also a frenchman so quite fitting.

EDIT: I found a pic...
6a00b8ea067f84dece00c22526a443f219-200pi

I never realized how bad the main page needed to be changed:???:....it looks really good now.
The problem wasn't even the look. It was the backend. Generating content was painful in every possible way (Wavey is apparently a masochist of unrivaled proportions), so this should make things a lot quicker and easier for all parties, which should in turn let us do more things. So!

Geo doesn't have a picture of me. That is not a picture of me. It is someone who looks vaguely like me but does a lot of stupid things. (oh god don't put it online)

Originally Posted by digitalwanderer
Also would explain David Ross coming on board as the Commercial Director.

bloody hell Commercial Director how much do you guys make...

YOU BROKE MY #@$@#$ COOKIE!!!!!!

I had to do the whole password reset thing which means multiple eamils really one great big pain in the ass :/

Ooooh - looks so nice and polished! Well done chaps!

You know though, the front page kind of reminds me of another site...you know, one that posts news items side-by-side down the page....industry "news"....dang, whatsitcalled? Ummm....

Oh, that's right!

The Inquirer.

:p

/me runs

New tagline --"Rumour mongering done right, on the forums, where we can label it as speculation and deny it later."

Well, that might not make it thru the committee. ;)

Hmm, small bug? Cant seem to stay logged on once broweser closes and i restart FF.

Im going through forum.b3 to get to the forum.

YOU BROKE MY #@$@#$ COOKIE!!!!!!

I had to do the whole password reset thing which means multiple eamils really one great big pain in the ass :/
Promise to give folks more warning next time!

Originally Posted by digitalwanderer
Also would explain David Ross coming on board as the Commercial Director.

bloody hell Commercial Director how much do you guys make...

Actualy, you have that backwards. Rys' doctor told him that cheese sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner were no good for his health, and that he should upgrade his diet to include bologna or chicken once a week or so, if at all possible. We have a Commerical Director because we'd like to be rich, not because we are. Tho probably Rys would settle for that chicken sandwich twice a week. . .

The front page doesn't render properly in Firefox 2. There's always a big gap on the right hand side that's the width of one of the content columns. Can you use that up and give us some wider columns in the middle? It's pretty hard to read a story column when its four words to a line.

Last edited by a moderator:
The front page doesn't render properly in Firefox 2. There's always a big gap on the right hand side that's the width of one of the content columns. Can you use that up and give us some wider columns in the middle? It's pretty hard to read a story column when its four words to a line.

Are you windowed or full screen? What res? We did a lot of FF2 testing (in fact, a majority).

Sounds like you're either not getting an ad where you should, or there's a rendering bug, since there should be no gaps.

I've put a thumbnail up. I'm windowed on 1280x1024, but even if I close the bookmarks and go fullscreen, it improves but it still doesn't fix it all together. Is there something I should be seeing on the right? It looks like ad space or something should be in there...?

Edit: Sorry, it's a problem at my end!

Looking very nice I have to say. All "modern" and stuff.

Congrats on a job well done. The changes went very quickly and smoothiy it seems to me. :cool:

Cheeers guys!
Peac.e

I've put a thumbnail up. I'm windowed on 1280x1024, but even if I close the bookmarks and go fullscreen, it improves but it still doesn't fix it all together. Is there something I should be seeing on the right? It looks like ad space or something should be in there...?

Edit: Sorry, it's a problem at my end!
Well, there are some tweaks coming to make it degrade a bit better for closer to 1024px wide users, since we optimised for a 'clean' 1280px width and above (over 90% of B3D users browse the site at that or higher), so it won't look brilliant just now if you're at 1280 and have a big sidebar or some other browser feature open that consumes viewport width.

If I get the chance to tinker from CeBIT, I shall, otherwise I'll take a look when I get back.

Back