New Ninety Nine Nights Screenies + Video

looks nice. There was a tiny delay with the main guy popping into existance at around 0:05. More obvious was the mountain that kept disappearing. :LOL: I hope that one is just some rendering error and not something related to the dvd rom speed.

scooby_dooby said:
I heard this game was pretty much the biggest draw at TGS,
Where'd you hear that at? I'm curious to get impressions on TGS, but for some reason, I'm getting nothing but fluff. Probably because I'm not looking hard enough. :)

But seriously, if you have a link to a good review of TGS, I'd love to see it.

.Sis

Sis said:
Where'd you hear that at? I'm curious to get impressions on TGS, but for some reason, I'm getting nothing but fluff. Probably because I'm not looking hard enough. :)

But seriously, if you have a link to a good review of TGS, I'd love to see it.

.Sis

I wouldn't be to surprised these types of games are huge in Japan (judging by my coworkers, one who plays them almost exclusively).

The faces look a little too wooden. Reminds me of FFX characters on the Ps2. Compared to MGS4 and GoW, the faces lack depth, they look too stoic.

mr_arcam said:
The faces look a little too wooden. Reminds me of FFX characters on the Ps2. Compared to MGS4 and GoW, the faces lack depth, they look too stoic.
I believe that in this case that's probably an artistic choice. Not every game strives for perfect realism.

i dont think any artist would want their characters to look stoic and wooden. More likely they have not had time to work on those details. The last thing I want to see in next generation gamea are characters who look like Keanu Reaves or Kevin Costner.

The animation on the characters is really lacking. Especially the facial animation, the mouth just opens and closes in sync to the speech looking very robotic, and the sync is even off considerably. Even FFX had better face animation.
Te body animation is a bit better, but lacks the fluidity of even many of this gen games.

Haven't seen any gameplay footage yet, as these are just cutscenes it could be ingame there is some great graphical efects and tons of stuff happening onscreen that could save this game from being a graphically mediocre title.

rabidrabbit said:
...and the sync is even off considerably.
From the linked article: "The sound is not perfectly in sync with the image in this video, so don't worry about the strange lip sync."

Inane_Dork said:
From the linked article: "The sound is not perfectly in sync with the image in this video, so don't worry about the strange lip sync."
Ok, that'll fix the sync then, but honestly, with that bad lip and face animation, they might be better if there was just text instead of speech ;)

rabidrabbit said:
Ok, that'll fix the sync then, but honestly, with that bad lip and face animation, they might be better if there was just text instead of speech ;)
I read somewhere, and this is strictly rumor, that N3 is still in development so not everything is finalized.

Of course I know that, but as there is not yet the finalized game available to critisize, the only option is to point out the goods and bads in the material that's available.

Anyway, somehow I do not think we'll see much improvement in the animations in the final game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back