New L.A. Noire Screenshot

dodo3

Newcomer
http://www.smh.com.au/news/games/go...1157222003715.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap3

470_vidgame2,0.jpg

Looking good. :D

It's a comparison of a game model and the live actor.
The game being the left, and the living actor right.

Looks good, though possibly a higher resolution model for cutscenes.

Well that's the problem with most cgi human faces, the plasticky skin that's lacking the finer wrinkles and irregulaties.
Need to see it animated really before saying more. A well modelled, textured and lit human face is not that uncommon anymore in next gen games, but a well animated one is.

it does look comparable to the face on the website, it could be realtime.
if it is...then wow. but ill wait for something more official to get my hopes up :)

it does look comparable to the face on the website, it could be realtime.
if it is...then wow. but ill wait for something more official to get my hopes up :)

too clean to be realtime but after Battlefield 360/PS3 shots, Ill believe anything

this is the other image i was comparing it to on the website...
noire2uo8.jpg

Infact, if I didnt know any better, they almost look like the same guy, except in different lighting. And is that SSS I see on the ear of the one in first post of this thread?

In the game it looks like he's had 5 litres of Botox injected in his face.
It's not an exact likeness. The nose shape is different, as is the eye-colour. Lack of wrinkles may be a lack of texture resolution (my bet), or a choice to change the appearance. Perhaps in game too much wrinklage gave a haggard look?

Oh god i created a monster!! :LOL:

All i meant is that put side by side (the real wrinkly fake tanned face and the 3D model one), it looks like the guy was injected with derma-filler till kingdom come!!

(And now people will start noticing my wealth of knowledge in all these treatments, from Botox to Derma-fillers and will start asking questions...........)

It could be the same guy, that shot is kinda old, and this new shot does seem updated with better lighting, and if I didnt know any better I'd say SSS w/ better textures to boot. The suit for example seems to be the exact same, but better textures. The nose does look different but that could be the angle of the shot. We could be looking at two different builds of the character if they are indeed realtime. Anyways, they really need to show us more of the game! According to the article, Sony is throwing about 30 million to TeamBondi for this.

Team Bondi has been working for more than two years on a $30 million film noir game for Sony called L.A. Noire, inspired by the work of hardboiled crime authors Raymond Chandler and James Ellroy.

Hope we see it at TGS. :D

2 years work and this is all we see of it? Good for them! Don't release anything until you have something worth releasing.

Do we have any better 'CV' of this bunch other than 'founder by the creator of The Getaway'? Any reason to think them a top-notch bunch of developers? At $30 million and a contract for 3 titles, Sony obviously have a lot of faith in them!

Do we have any better 'CV' of this bunch other than 'founder by the creator of The Getaway'? Any reason to think them a top-notch bunch of developers? At $30 million and a contract for 3 titles, Sony obviously have a lot of faith in them!

IIRC there was a whole contingent of ex-Soho members that left for Bondi, not just McNamara. The Getaway flawed as it was did end up selling pretty darn well.

According to the article, Sony is throwing about 30 million to TeamBondi for this.
Team Bondi has been working for more than two years on a $30 million film noir game for Sony called L.A. Noire, inspired by the work of hardboiled crime authors Raymond Chandler and James Ellroy.

I am big Chandler, Hammett and MacDonald fan. So I really hope they manage to capture a fraction of their genius because the last references to those authors were rather lacking. Under A Killing Moon was halfway decent, but it only was a comedy hommage.

Back