New Keyboard + Mouse = Help wanted!

MatiasZ

Regular
Hi everyone... a couple of days ago my Logitech Desktop MX Keyboard got damaged (sad-long story) and is impossible to repair it. I've come to be really REALLY used to it's desing, specially the wheel control for the volume and those little things.

So, now I need a new one, and the truth is that only logitech offers models with this kind of control plus the wireless keyboard. But the problem is that in any case, they sell these with the mouse together.

I've been taking a look at both the model I had and the one with Bluetooth, and the price difference is not too much. Since my father needs a new mouse i was thinking giving him my MX700 (which I'm very happy with) and keeping the bluetooth kit for my self. Has anybody tried the MX900?? I'm really happy as I said with my MX700, although the range is not GREAT (I need to place the receiver like 20cm away at most if I intend to make gaming use of the mouse), and I would buy it again, but the bluetooth option is very tempting. Any suggestions?

EDIT: just found a review at pcgamerworld where they state the MX900 is just not good for gaming... any feedback on this?

I'm using the Logitech Bluetooth wireless combo and it works well. I'm a casual gamer and have no issues at all with the MX900 mouse utilized. Before this combo, I had the wireless RF setup that used the MX700. I haven't noticed any negative differences between the MX700 and the MX900.

If you're a gamer, forget MX1000 - I've replaced it within days with a Razer Diamondback. 8)

Now, THIS IS MOUSE. 8) 8)

FOr keyboard: I still looking for something like Logitech's diNova but without mouse. IF you see something, say something... ;)

I'm not getting the MX1000 at all because what I really need is a keyboard (as you) and the MX1000 doesn't come bundled with any. That's why I was asking about the MX900 which comes with the Bluetooth kit.

PS. The diNovo is actually GREAT looking but way too expensive. I like the bluetooth idea of the mouse since I might be getting a notebook sometime around this summer so if I get one with bluetooth I can use my mouse without the base.

Back