Veteran
Looks awesome!

infiniteundiscovreyoct109.jpg

infiniteundiscovreyoct117.jpg

infiniteundiscovreyoct116.jpg

infiniteundiscovreyoct101.jpg

More screens here: http://rpgland.com/content/?p=1807

Preview: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3163085

"Star Ocean is a series with ties between games and an evolving system. We wanted to break away from previous RPG clichés with this title and do something new. The structure of the gameplay is altogether different in the way it works. We also have a lot of new and different systems in the game, although we can't really talk about those now.

"The basic concept of the game is that it's always moving, whether you're fighting or whatever else you do. It's different from most RPGs or even Star Ocean [in that transitions between exploration and battle are seamless]. It's also different from an MMO -- similar in some ways, but still an RPG with a party of four that you control yourself. And it's different from sandbox games like Oblivion, too."

"The moon gives power to the people that inhabit the planet," he said. "The event that sparks the game is that the forces of darkness have bound the moon hoping to harness its power. As a result of that, the moon's power no longer goes to the people, and their world gradually loses the light. There is a hero in the world who seeks to cut the chains and free the moon and fight against the forces of darkness."

"The underlying concept of the game is discovery," said Kojima by way of an answer, "and the impact those discoveries have. From small discoveries of finding enemies and ambushing them to seeing the signs that a certain weather phenomenon is going to happen -- like, say, a tsunami -- there are a lot of discoveries that players will make. A lot of them are hidden. So, they're 'undiscovered.'"

"Also, I want to clarify that it's a made-up word," he added with a laugh.

I say that mainly because it's been a bit since TGS, and this is the first I've seen of it. I'd have expected a bit more excitement to hit the boards, all things considered.

I was actually suprised myself. I didn't know S-E were working on a JRPG for the 360 at all. I would have figured, after FF11's dismal sales, that S-E would have just kept to the PS/Wii platform.

Well, it's more tri-Ace that had the interest; Square Enix is just their continual publisher. I know they announced one a while back--right around the launch of FFXI for the 360, I think, so they couldn't have a metric for it anyway.

At any rate, The Last Remnant has been on Square Enix's plate for a while, too, so they've been looking at the 360 still as a developer anyway, despite FFXI.

I've been wanting to make a thread about this since TGS(or pre-TGS), but I thought no one was interested :LOL:

Another title to add in my X360 library ;)

I can't wait for this game!
I love the RPGs that came out from Tri-Ace (being Star Ocean (PS1) as the favorite)

Back